Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are 63 Rear Fiberglass fenders worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are 63 Rear Fiberglass fenders worth?

I came across 2 right and left rear fiberglass 63 Lark fenders tonight. All the holes to bolt these up are there. What would these be worth?

1964 GT Hawk soon to be R2 Clone
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Wow, fiberglass REARS- never knew they made 'em!

Can't think of any reason you'd need them... the rears seem to hold up pretty well...?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Wow, fiberglass REARS- never knew they made 'em!

Can't think of any reason you'd need them... the rears seem to hold up pretty well...?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Those are for a 2-door, I think. SASCO may be out of stock on those. They may still have 4-door rears.

I think those fiberglass rears will fit '63 to '66 models. They should be worth about $150 each. I doubt you'd get new production ones any cheaper than that.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Those are for a 2-door, I think. SASCO may be out of stock on those. They may still have 4-door rears.

I think those fiberglass rears will fit '63 to '66 models. They should be worth about $150 each. I doubt you'd get new production ones any cheaper than that.

Comment

If I hadn't already spent over $1000 this month, I'd be interested in those. I wonder where the molds are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

If I hadn't already spent over $1000 this month, I'd be interested in those. I wonder where the molds are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The big problem with fiberglass parts is the fit.Depending on how well they were made, they may fit great,they may not fit at all.
                Most will be somewhere in between:can be made to fit with much time and labor.

LaSalle,Il
                61Hawk
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

The big problem with fiberglass parts is the fit.Depending on how well they were made, they may fit great,they may not fit at all.
                  Most will be somewhere in between:can be made to fit with much time and labor.

LaSalle,Il
                  61Hawk
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

If they're lighter than steel ones I know why some people would want them.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                    since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

If they're lighter than steel ones I know why some people would want them.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                      since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

These are for a two door and they will fit 63-66. The holes can be seen in the bottom picture for the 64 rear lights. These fiberglass fenders I am told fit like a glove and fit so well that any guy with a file,drill bit, wrench and limited ability could install them. They are exact copies of original fenders. They are really light and would take many pounds off the car. The molds were made many years ago. He has the molds for Hawk Fronts, Wagonaire rears, Lark fronts, front valence and rears. These fenders would be NEW production. The material and labour I am sure would far exceed the $150 per fender. If your repairing some rusty fender along the upper edge where the baffle is, you would be spend more time and labour repairing than to install these. I have asked him to price out new production of the fenders

1964 GT Hawk
                        PSMCDR 2014
                        PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

These are for a two door and they will fit 63-66. The holes can be seen in the bottom picture for the 64 rear lights. These fiberglass fenders I am told fit like a glove and fit so well that any guy with a file,drill bit, wrench and limited ability could install them. They are exact copies of original fenders. They are really light and would take many pounds off the car. The molds were made many years ago. He has the molds for Hawk Fronts, Wagonaire rears, Lark fronts, front valence and rears. These fenders would be NEW production. The material and labour I am sure would far exceed the $150 per fender. If your repairing some rusty fender along the upper edge where the baffle is, you would be spend more time and labour repairing than to install these. I have asked him to price out new production of the fenders

1964 GT Hawk
                          PSMCDR 2014
                          PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

WOW! I know a few guys who'd willingly pony up for good quality fiberglass Lark front fenders!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

WOW! I know a few guys who'd willingly pony up for good quality fiberglass Lark front fenders!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                              '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X