Golden Hawk Displayed with Studebaker Dealership Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Hawk Displayed with Studebaker Dealership Logo

I discovered the wall of the old Studebaker dealership in Kirksville, MO. Although faded, I thought it was a great backdrop for my '57 Golden Hawk. I also did the photo in sepia tones to add a few years to the scene.
    Attached Files
    Curt Devan
    Kirksville, MO

Editor, Mid Missouri Chapter Newsletter "Studie News"
    sigpic

Very cool, Curt; 'good to have the opportunity while the building stands. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Very cool.
      Here in Portland, Oregon the sign for the original Studebaker Wagon dealership is still visible on the old brick building on Morrison Street. It dates back to the 1870s I think. I wanted to get a photo of it with my 1950 Commander but the sign was painted near the top of the 4 story wall and there is now a freeway next to it. I just could not get both the sign and the car in the shot. I'm glad to see you able to put yours together. I like the B&W version.
      Ed Sallia
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Hey Curt, cool picture. Where in Kirksville is this building?
        TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Seems to be on E Missouri Street, near 222 N Franklin Street, near Studio 1004 Modern Photography.

http://maps.google.ch/maps?safe=acti...ed=0CDMQ8gEwAA
          sigpic

Comment

Great Picture Curt, and very sharp looking Golden Hawk.

I do think you need an Alignment though, it sure looks like you have serious Negative Camber on the Left Front.
            That usually means the Upper "A" Arm Bushings are worn out which have to be fixed first of course.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I first thought the same thing,but can't help but wonder could it be something funky with the picture ???
              Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

I do think you need an Alignment though, it sure looks like you have serious Negative Camber on the Left Front.
              That usually means the Upper "A" Arm Bushings are worn out which have to be fixed first of course.
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

It's the camera lens used. Look at the line going up the building over the hood. Now look at the vertical side of the window over the trunk. In the real world, all verticals remain true. The picture is dimensionally distorted. Although with the second picture, which is much better, there still seems to be a little camber problem. Can't tell for sure with these photos.
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                X