How to set price for 2r5 truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set price for 2r5 truck?

I've decided to part with my 1949 2R5 1/2 ton pickup I have owned for more than 20 years. All original with flathead 6, 3 speed and 6 volt electrical. Had bed off new professional original green paint, chrome, glass and rubber in the early 1990s and garaged ever since. I never rebuilt the drivetrain and it runs but needs rear main seal plus deserves a good rebuild. Sweet truck with original California black plates. Chrome starting to show just a tiny bit of pitting here and there. New headliner still in box plus other parts including new springs.

I live in the boonies in Eureka, CA. I need help on how to set a price or where to advertise. Looking for good home with someone who will finish restoring her and not hot rod it.

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bitman; 04-24-2013, 05:20 PM. Reason: Added photo

There should be lots of help in Calf for giving you some ideas on price. Wish I was closer , sounds like a nice truck and you can tell by my signature name I like those there trucks <g>
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

put it one eBay with a starting bid of $500. and a reserve of your hopeful sale price. Should go if presented nicely.

Comment

As Jack B. states, use eBay to establish the price. List it with a good description, a low starting price and a reserve that you can live with.
        It appears to be a nice truck for someone that wouldn't have to spend a lot on shipping.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The "Other" method also works well, start it at the Minimum you would accept for it, and no reserve and let the bidders set the value that way, some people have just as good luck doing it that way as method #1.
          That eliminates all the "players", not buyers, who will try to buy it for under $1000.00 !

If that Truck runs and drives as good as it looks I would not take less than 8-$10,000.00 if someone sees the value in it and really appreciates it they will always pay more, many sell for between 10 and $20,000 when they have put that much or more into them.

On eBay it is all about the PICTURES, most buyers cannot be there so you need GOOD close up AND distance Pics of everything including under it, the Interior and Engine.

Good luck with it, that's a very beautiful Truck.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              [COLOR=#0000ff][B]The "Other" method also works well, start it at the Minimum you would accept for it, and no reserve and let the bidders set the value that way, some people have just as good luck doing it that way as method #1.
              That eliminates all the "players", not buyers, who will try to buy it for under $1000.00 !

]
              That method takes the auction fever out of it. Starting the auction low develops a bidding war mentality. What you call "players" will get dropped out along the way anyway and be no problem or concern to you. By starting low, you often get more serious buyers involved. They will usually pay the higher price if that is required by the competition of the auction, but do not want to start there as that is more like a regular sale.

[From someone that has bought and sold hundreds of cars and trucks at auction.]
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X