swapmeet and car corral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapmeet and car corral

Is the swap meet and car corral open to the public and non-members or must you be registered to take this in?

The swap meet is open to anyone who wants to come or is interested.
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by njonkman View Post
      The swap meet is open to anyone who wants to come or is interested.
      Nick
      Sure is for a $5 fee each day.

Comment

I recall discussion of charging for entry to the indoor swap meet area. But at the IM in South Bend I did not see anyone monitoring who came and went nor did I see a way of controlling access. I walked around with a friend of mine who was just visiting and no one asked him to pay. Perhaps one of the Colo Springs organizers can chime in with their plans.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I think the need to charge a fee to enter the swap meet if you have not registered for the meet is at the direction of SDC. My understanding is that there are quite a few folks whom attend and never register thus causing SDC to charge the $5 rather than raise the cost to those of us whom register. To me, the downside of this is that it can discourage potential members from coming and looking us over.
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

the $5 admission is a good way to keep the worst of the CASO's out I suppose. Anyone 2 cheep2 register is probably 2 cheep 2 buy anything anyway. I have noticed that
            some of the non-registering folks are the quickest to criticize the way the meet is being run.
            Registration for the meet is the smallest expense I have when attending the meet & the least I can do to support the club & the host chapter.
            Making a meet happen can be a thankless task, and we should not forget that it would not be there for us if it were not for the efforts of a large group of dedicated volunteers. Meet staff must try to please the attendees while working with the hotel & the SDC and that is not always an easy task. There is nothing wrong with politely calling attention to things that could be done better, but let us remember to recognize all that is being done right.
            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

I went to the area where the swap meet is (indoors) and even stood in the door I assume looking rather dumb and lost. A few people looked at me, but no one said anything, nor asked for money. So I later on went in (same reaction by others), and looked at some of the tables, and learned a couple of things. I wouldn't really mind paying $5 if it goes to a good cause (good is not lining someone's pockets.) I'm thinking of what my dad would would think about this as I'm typing and he absolutely hated the idea of having to pay to go in an purchase anything. I'm not so much too cheap to buy anything, I just have no money to buy anything because of having purchased my Stude.
              www.spannerbird.com
              Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

Comment

well said.

Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
                the $5 admission is a good way to keep the worst of the CASO's out I suppose. Anyone 2 cheep2 register is probably 2 cheep 2 buy anything anyway. I have noticed that
                some of the non-registering folks are the quickest to criticize the way the meet is being run.
                Registration for the meet is the smallest expense I have when attending the meet & the least I can do to support the club & the host chapter.
                Making a meet happen can be a thankless task, and we should not forget that it would not be there for us if it were not for the efforts of a large group of dedicated volunteers. Meet staff must try to please the attendees while working with the hotel & the SDC and that is not always an easy task. There is nothing wrong with politely calling attention to things that could be done better, but let us remember to recognize all that is being done right.

Comment

I made it to the meet. My son and I walked around for about three hours. Would have been happy to contribute my share, but did not know I needed to. I bought a hat and shirt, along with motor mounts for the Champion in the large parts room. Did the lanyard recognize those that paid?

Comment

Working...
                  X