X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beautiful 57 GH on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...#ht_500wt_1182

What's with the baby blue engine?
    Last edited by hausdok; 04-02-2013, 11:03 PM.
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

It's NOT Blue, it's the Correct Turquoise GREEN.
      A HUGE number of people do not see Blues and Greens correctly, you are not alone!

The Right side looks good, but I did see on the Left Side, the Water Outlet IS Blue, or Bluer, Blue/Green!

We could have some fun here, how many of you actually see this as
      BLUE/Green and the "Turquoise Green" as Green?

From past experience here, not too many I think. All Bobs and Johns are Color blind!
      Last edited by hausdok; 04-02-2013, 11:04 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Careful, Rich! Those last three or four words started disappearing on me. Yeah..., I'm one of those who can't handle the subtle hues.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          Careful, Rich! Those last three or four words started disappearing on me. Yeah..., I'm one of those who can't handle the subtle hues.
          Same here Rich and I am a Bob and know the right color of the 57 engine block , but what about the 58 horn button?
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Who knows, doesn't that one look like a White with Gold Bird for a '58 Packard Hawk?
            StudeRich

Comment

Yes, that's the horn button for 1958 Packard Hawks. The background for this 57 GH horn button should be white. But otherwise, a nice car.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                It's NOT Blue, it's the Correct Turquoise GREEN.
                A HUGE number of people do not see Blues and Greens correctly, you are not alone!

The Right side looks good, but I did see on the Left Side, the Water Outlet IS Blue, or Bluer, Blue/Green!

We could have some fun here, how many of you actually see this as
                BLUE/Green and the "Turquoise Green" as Green?

From past experience here, not too many I think. All Bobs and Johns are Color blind!
                I can see that slight difference in color, too.
                sigpic

Comment

Packard Hawk horn button - black with gold bird

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
                  Yes, that's the horn button for 1958 Packard Hawks. The background for this 57 GH horn button should be white. But otherwise, a nice car.
                  I'm pretty sure Packard Hawk's were black with a gold bird. If anyone has a new one and they want to sell, let me know.

Larry Y
                  North Wales, PA

Comment

It will be the second '57 GH I've seen with a cloth & vinyl interior.

Here is the other one: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=cloth

Craig
                    Last edited by 8E45E; 04-03-2013, 05:17 AM.

Comment

The correct white with gold horn buttons are impossible to find. I have one but it has stress cracks in it. The silver and white horn buttons must have been reproduced because they are available from our vendors. Last I checked, S.I. had these Packard Hawk buttons in stock and they are NOS.

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post

Comment

Very nice car! Seems if a person wants to have a Golden Hawk, opportunities are coming along to own one.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

That looks nice and brings back memories of the one that I owned for nine years. Mine was also black and also in NYS, but mine was overdrive.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It will be the second '57 GH I've seen with a cloth & vinyl interior.
                            My 1957 Golden Hawk does have cloth/vinyl too, at least for the front seat bench. In the back, there is vinyl.

sigpic

Comment

I thought we were talking about Original South Bend Factory Interiors, or at least original STYLE.

This hybrid is nice, but must be a in-Country installed or re-upholstery job.
                              StudeRich

Comment

Working...
                              X