X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzard
    replied
    John,
    After meeting you at Chuck's, I am so pleased to see you keeping the Studebaker flame alive and well. Maybe you should go into the trailer manufacturing business! Well done! Have a safe trip.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    YOU GUYS BE CAREFUL!

There are many people anticipating The Whistler's arrival and appearance. BP

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Wear your long underwear

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    Ready for CHICAGO! Redneck trailer built- leaving AZ in less than a week!

Leave a comment:

• asesolen
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	slicks 007 (800x739).jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	1807675Click image for larger version  Name:	Mox.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	1807674
    A bit of info about Bill Moxley
    Last edited by asesolen; 10-22-2019, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by 62champ View Post
    /Cut/I know the 6.70x15 Firestone 500s were not used at the track on the rear, so I wonder what they switch over to.
    I think your Clue may be right there on the 1/4 Window Decal: "Bill Moxley", I believe :Racing Slicks.

The Winter Nationals Pomana, CA 1965? Winner Gordon Williams in his 1963 Lark Standard R2, H.D. Flight-O-Matic, 2 door Sedan in "Super Red", always ran the Southern Calif. Standard: Casler Racing Slicks.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-21-2019, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• asesolen
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    I wonder if any staff from Ray Tanner Motors from 'back in the day' would also like to see their former Crown Jewel on display at MCACN!!

Craig
    Hi Craig, we've visited Chris Tanner on multiple occasions, given him copies of J.R. Bloom Whistler pictures and keep him up to date on progress. He even asked for multiple copies of the picture below to distribute among family members. Ray Tanner with the World Championship trophy...WOW!
    We too hoped that Chris or another family member would be able to make it to MCACN but no takers at this point. After the car has logos painted at MCACN we plan on inviting Chris and family to local club events.Click image for larger version  Name:	TL005 J.R. Bloom.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.9 KB ID:	1807497

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    I wonder if any staff from Ray Tanner Motors from 'back in the day' would also like to see their former Crown Jewel on display at MCACN!!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    Well thank all. It’s been a up and down struggle getting this car to this point. It’s exactly one month to this date that I got to be in Chicago with the car. Just working on adjusting things and cleaning up. It will be a all show no go restoration at this point. The engine still has to be built as you all know I’m not made out of money so Chicago it is and the motor will wait. So no burnouts at this time. Thank you all for your support John Kroulik

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    That is a beautiful restoration and an inspiration to us all. A job well done!
    Last edited by Swifster; 10-21-2019, 05:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nels
    replied
    Impressive. Talk about a wolf in sheep’s clothes!

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    I'm also looking forward to seeing it at MCACN.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Just gorgeous; you guys could not have done a better job. Beautiful.

'So looking forward to seeing it at MCACN 2019. All the best. BP

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    Absolutely gorgeous!!! I've enjoyed watching the progress of the Whistler since John first found it at Chuck's place. Congrats to ALL the folks that have worked magic to get it where it is today. Bill

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Wow - although that is the “cheap” interior, still looks great. Did the car come from the factory with the small hubcaps? Looks great.

Might not be any way to find out, but I know the 6.70x15 Firestone 500s were not used at the track on the rear, so I wonder what they switch over to.
    Last edited by 62champ; 10-19-2019, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X