X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by nels View Post
    I sure enjoyed the show and thought the Whistler was spectacular. It was great that EdGeorge arranged the cars with you on the leading corner. Your car followed by Gary’s black 63 Daytona drag car gave the Studes plenty of credibility and good reason to finish looking at the rest of the display.
    One must admit, there wasn't one bad seat in the house this year at MCACN. And with the excellent weather in Chicago for late November, the place was PACKED on the Saturday and early Sunday, which only added to its spectacular showing and got the exposure out.

Myself and all the other Studophiles thoroughly loved the 'hands-on' participation with nearly everyone having the opportunity to apply the appropriate decals on the front fenders and rear quarter windows on The Whistler. That made it fun for all.

Because of Studebaker's excellent showing this year, we now have commitment from some of our first-timers this year who plan on attending annually from here on, including Garvin Piper. Thanks, Ed George, Bob Ashton, John & Lorilee and Mike L. along with all the others who made this event so successful once again this year. I am looking forward to next year, already!!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by studejohn View Post
    That is some great stuff Bob still trying to grasp all that went on during the show I did get an over the top compliment from a Mopar owner who sought me out in the crowd and said wonderful things about the car and display and then finished up and said I should know I have that hemi Cuda down the way. That was pretty cool of him! I want to thank my friend Mike Lynch for all the support and help that he has put into the car. He was the one that kept me on task and my Wife Lorilee for the support she put into it and Her quick action on getting the T-shirts done at the last minute. And once again all of you that came out to support the car. Thanks John Kroulik
    Cool beans, John.

Now that the car is back home, where will you next be showing it locally?

I know there's a big hobby contingent out there, so you must have many shows from which to choose. It's gonna be a hit everywhere...and who knows, it being on display may smoke out more stories and history about the car from "locals" who remember it from back in the day...especially if they had the regular experience of seeing its taillights if they ran something else in class at the local strips! BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by nels View Post
    I sure enjoyed the show and thought the Whistler was spectacular. It was great that Ed George arranged the cars with you on the leading corner. Your car followed by Gary’s black 63 Daytona drag car gave the Studes plenty of credibility and good reason to finish looking at the rest of the display.
    'Ain't no promoter like Ed George; he's The MCACN Man. BP

Leave a comment:

• nels
    replied
    I sure enjoyed the show and thought the Whistler was spectacular. It was great that EdGeorge arranged the cars with you on the leading corner. Your car followed by Gary’s black 63 Daytona drag car gave the Studes plenty of credibility and good reason to finish looking at the rest of the display.

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    Oh and I want to thank Sebastian for doing all the updates and posts during the show. And before and after posting. Thanks John Kroulik

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    That is some great stuff Bob still trying to grasp all that went on during the show I did get an over the top compliment from a Mopar owner who sought me out in the crowd and said wonderful things about the car and display and then finished up and said I should know I have that hemi Cuda down the way. That was pretty cool of him! I want to thank my friend Mike Lynch for all the support and help that he has put into the car. He was the one that kept me on task and my Wife Lorilee for the support she put into it and Her quick action on getting the T-shirts done at the last minute. And once again all of you that came out to support the car. Thanks John Kroulik

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Jeffster: Thanks for Post #459. I had already found Dan's website but couldn't find anything in it about 2019 MCACN. So I called Dan and talked to him this evening (Friday, November 29).

Dan said the video he made, interviewing John Kroulik and myself, is yet to be edited and released. As an aside, Dan said he was really taken with The Whistler and considered it The 2019 MCACN Show Stopper!

He said the video should be done and "up" on You-Tube by Thursday, December 5th. He added that he would immediately send me the link and I'll be able to post it here, so stay tuned and "don't touch that dial!"

He said he was interested in doing a story on Richard Poe's Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Drags and liked the idea of little Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom IN. So I told him about the event and gave him Richard Poe's phone number for more particulars. BP

Leave a comment:

• 2R2
    replied
    John, thanks to you and your crew for bringing the Whistler back from the dead, and making the effort to haul to to Chicago. I remember when Bob Palma provided a photo of the Whistler for an early edition of Jet Thrust News. It was one of the cars that got me enthusiastic about high performance Studebakers.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    Happy Thanksgiving to all and it was great getting to know all of you and having you be a part of it. Good times there and good times ahead most likely will take a break from THE Whistler. And get to cleaning up the back yard and shop Lots of work to do before the zone meet here in Phoenix I will be hosting a get together during the zone meet hope to see ya all here. You all have a great Thanksgiving. Thanks again John Kroulik can you give me the whole thing is disgusting

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    Glad you made it home safe and sound. It sure was exciting to me to meet all of your gang and the Whistler. I'm looking forward to more progress and the finale of it's restoration. Thanks again John for including me in the process. Bill

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Bob,
    Here's his site link. Did not see anything current, but you can use this for contact info.
    Jeff

http://www.teamchicago.com/

----------------------------------------
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

'Wish you could have been there too, George.

Here's an assignment for all:

In Post #427 to this thread, back a couple of pages, John Kroulik is being interviewed by a guy named Dan Schmitt of Dan Schmitt Motorcycle Racing, a blog out of what is known as Team Chicago(?). Dan said he'd have his lengthy video "up" within a couple of hours of leaving the show Saturday, but it's now five days later and I have been unable to find it on the internet.

It's a good interview and will be of interest to all of us, so if anyone can locate it, please advise and post a link here in The Whistler's long-running thread. Thanks. BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by R3 challenger View Post
    Congratulations on a wonderful presentation, guys...it couldn't have been better. Wish I could have been there; maybe next year.

George
    'Wish you could have been there too, George.

Here's an assignment for all:

In Post #427 to this thread, back a couple of pages, John Kroulik is being interviewed by a guy named Dan Schmitt of Dan Schmitt Motorcycle Racing, a blog out of what is known as Team Chicago(?). Dan said he'd have his lengthy video "up" within a couple of hours of leaving the show Saturday, but it's now five days later and I have been unable to find it on the internet.

It's a good interview and will be of interest to all of us, so if anyone can locate it, please advise and post a link here in The Whistler's long-running thread. Thanks. BP

Leave a comment:

• R3 challenger
    replied
    Congratulations on a wonderful presentation, guys...it couldn't have been better. Wish I could have been there; maybe next year.

George

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    The big Adventure is completed got home about 1 o’clock today yes I beat the weather lots of snow up in Flagstaff Arizona and that was the worst of it the whole trip pretty much sunny skies up and back Who would ever think I guess it’s just luck thanks again for all that came. John Kroulik

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Looks like you just beat that nasty weather.
    Drive safe!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X