No announcement yet.

1963 R2 Lark "The Whistler"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and I want to thank Sebastian for doing all the updates and posts during the show. And before and after posting. Thanks John Kroulik

Comment

• I sure enjoyed the show and thought the Whistler was spectacular. It was great that EdGeorge arranged the cars with you on the leading corner. Your car followed by Gary’s black 63 Daytona drag car gave the Studes plenty of credibility and good reason to finish looking at the rest of the display.

Comment

• Originally posted by nels View Post
        I sure enjoyed the show and thought the Whistler was spectacular. It was great that Ed George arranged the cars with you on the leading corner. Your car followed by Gary’s black 63 Daytona drag car gave the Studes plenty of credibility and good reason to finish looking at the rest of the display.
        'Ain't no promoter like Ed George; he's The MCACN Man. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by studejohn View Post
          That is some great stuff Bob still trying to grasp all that went on during the show I did get an over the top compliment from a Mopar owner who sought me out in the crowd and said wonderful things about the car and display and then finished up and said I should know I have that hemi Cuda down the way. That was pretty cool of him! I want to thank my friend Mike Lynch for all the support and help that he has put into the car. He was the one that kept me on task and my Wife Lorilee for the support she put into it and Her quick action on getting the T-shirts done at the last minute. And once again all of you that came out to support the car. Thanks John Kroulik
          Cool beans, John.

Now that the car is back home, where will you next be showing it locally?

I know there's a big hobby contingent out there, so you must have many shows from which to choose. It's gonna be a hit everywhere...and who knows, it being on display may smoke out more stories and history about the car from "locals" who remember it from back in the day...especially if they had the regular experience of seeing its taillights if they ran something else in class at the local strips! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nels View Post
            I sure enjoyed the show and thought the Whistler was spectacular. It was great that EdGeorge arranged the cars with you on the leading corner. Your car followed by Gary’s black 63 Daytona drag car gave the Studes plenty of credibility and good reason to finish looking at the rest of the display.
            One must admit, there wasn't one bad seat in the house this year at MCACN. And with the excellent weather in Chicago for late November, the place was PACKED on the Saturday and early Sunday, which only added to its spectacular showing and got the exposure out.

Myself and all the other Studophiles thoroughly loved the 'hands-on' participation with nearly everyone having the opportunity to apply the appropriate decals on the front fenders and rear quarter windows on The Whistler. That made it fun for all.

Because of Studebaker's excellent showing this year, we now have commitment from some of our first-timers this year who plan on attending annually from here on, including Garvin Piper. Thanks, Ed George, Bob Ashton, John & Lorilee and Mike L. along with all the others who made this event so successful once again this year. I am looking forward to next year, already!!

Craig

Comment

• It was great to see all three Super Larks all lined up in a row, with "the Whistler" leading off. I had fun meeting many new friends, and renewing old acquaintances. My display let people see the "bones" of the cars and was well received too.
              Attached Files
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

• Yes Bob well bring out to lots of local shows took it out this past Saturday night to a local cruise in. Got good reviews on it from the locals this time a year is a good time to attend these shows next month even better all the big auctions are happening so the local shows are even bigger

Comment

• Originally posted by studejohn View Post
                  Oh and I want to thank Sebastian for doing all the updates and posts during the show. And before and after posting. Thanks John Kroulik
                  While I was not able to attend, I enjoyed waiting for the updates to post. It looked like a blast and the crowds were certainly seen in all the photos.

This story is certainly not over, and definitely more to come, I am sure of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SScopelli View Post

While I was not able to attend, I enjoyed waiting for the updates to post. It looked like a blast and the crowds were certainly seen in all the photos.

This story is certainly not over, and definitely more to come, I am sure of that.
                    We sure missed you, Seb; you were thought of often.

So 'glad you could stay in touch and enjoy the camaraderie electronically. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

We sure missed you, Seb; you were thought of often.

So 'glad you could stay in touch and enjoy the camaraderie electronically. BP
                      I'll second that!!

indeed Seb, you were missed!!!

Craig

Comment

• Finally, after a six-week wait, here is the Lou Costabile "My Car Story" interview at The 2019 Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Show about The Whistler, with John, Lorilee, Mike Lynch, and myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grZaSU6LxLc&feature=youtu.be

I don't know what to do about the lengthy ads that sometimes precede the interview when you click on that link; I guess there's no such thing as a free lunch. Nonetheless, nice press. I'll admit, a little too much background noise, so you have to listen closely to what we're saying. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Great video Bob and John. There are already many positive comments on the page. Well done. Jeff

Comment

• Thanks Bob, that isn't hard to hear at all, and a very nice presentation. Lorilee makes the whole video great, she was such a nice person to speak with at the show, a good saleswoman too! Again, I want to thank John for saving and restoring this car, and all the folks that have helped him. I look forward to more posts as "The Whistler" has it's finishing touches done and comes to life again. Thanks to all, Bill.

Comment

• I hope John can bring "The Whistler" to our All March Studebaker gathering in Tucson. Maybe I should pass the hat to pay for gas to trailer it here.

Bob Miles

Comment

• I ditto all Colgate Bill's comments. John and crew did a spectacular job bringing this rare piece of Studebaker history back to it's original ( although somewhat unknown) glory. I find it difficult to acknowledge the fact I saw it in it's very dilapidated state at Chuck Naugles' less than three years ago and I too was ignorant of the Whistlers' special place in automotive history. The Whistler couldn't have found a better or more suitable home. Hats off to all of you and I'm sure Chuck is up there smiling as without his foresight this would never have happened!
                                Cheers, Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X