No announcement yet.

1963 R2 Lark "The Whistler"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is one of the most amazing Studebaker stories I have ever read and it is a credit to all involved, thank you John.

Comment

• As others have stated, a VERY spectacular Studebaker display by all who entered their cars; especially watching The Whistler getting the 'finishing touch' live, right at the show!

Saturday:

Sunday:

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 11-26-2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Sure is great, Craig; thanks...and thanks to all for a wonderful time. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Down for the night made it to Gallup New Mexico all is good with the truck and trailer and of course the Whistler had a heck of a headwind from Tulsa all the way through New Mexico found my first snow of the trip right here in Gallup New Mexico needless to say my gas mileage was cut in half Averaged 6.5 miles per gallon that really sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by studejohn View Post
            Down for the night made it to Gallup New Mexico all is good with the truck and trailer and of course the Whistler had a heck of a headwind from Tulsa all the way through New Mexico found my first snow of the trip right here in Gallup New Mexico needless to say my gas mileage was cut in half Averaged 6.5 miles per gallon that really sucks...
            Nice double entendre there, John! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Looks like you just beat that nasty weather.
              Drive safe!
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• The big Adventure is completed got home about 1 o’clock today yes I beat the weather lots of snow up in Flagstaff Arizona and that was the worst of it the whole trip pretty much sunny skies up and back Who would ever think I guess it’s just luck thanks again for all that came. John Kroulik

Comment

• Congratulations on a wonderful presentation, guys...it couldn't have been better. Wish I could have been there; maybe next year.

George
                  george krem

Comment

• Originally posted by R3 challenger View Post
                    Congratulations on a wonderful presentation, guys...it couldn't have been better. Wish I could have been there; maybe next year.

George
                    'Wish you could have been there too, George.

Here's an assignment for all:

In Post #427 to this thread, back a couple of pages, John Kroulik is being interviewed by a guy named Dan Schmitt of Dan Schmitt Motorcycle Racing, a blog out of what is known as Team Chicago(?). Dan said he'd have his lengthy video "up" within a couple of hours of leaving the show Saturday, but it's now five days later and I have been unable to find it on the internet.

It's a good interview and will be of interest to all of us, so if anyone can locate it, please advise and post a link here in The Whistler's long-running thread. Thanks. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• Bob,
                      Here's his site link. Did not see anything current, but you can use this for contact info.
                      Jeff

http://www.teamchicago.com/

----------------------------------------
                      Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

'Wish you could have been there too, George.

Here's an assignment for all:

In Post #427 to this thread, back a couple of pages, John Kroulik is being interviewed by a guy named Dan Schmitt of Dan Schmitt Motorcycle Racing, a blog out of what is known as Team Chicago(?). Dan said he'd have his lengthy video "up" within a couple of hours of leaving the show Saturday, but it's now five days later and I have been unable to find it on the internet.

It's a good interview and will be of interest to all of us, so if anyone can locate it, please advise and post a link here in The Whistler's long-running thread. Thanks. BP
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• Glad you made it home safe and sound. It sure was exciting to me to meet all of your gang and the Whistler. I'm looking forward to more progress and the finale of it's restoration. Thanks again John for including me in the process. Bill

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to all and it was great getting to know all of you and having you be a part of it. Good times there and good times ahead most likely will take a break from THE Whistler. And get to cleaning up the back yard and shop Lots of work to do before the zone meet here in Phoenix I will be hosting a get together during the zone meet hope to see ya all here. You all have a great Thanksgiving. Thanks again John Kroulik can you give me the whole thing is disgusting

Comment

• John, thanks to you and your crew for bringing the Whistler back from the dead, and making the effort to haul to to Chicago. I remember when Bob Palma provided a photo of the Whistler for an early edition of Jet Thrust News. It was one of the cars that got me enthusiastic about high performance Studebakers.

Thanks again!
                            Eric DeRosa

\'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
                            \'63 R2 Lark (the money-pit-mobile)
                            \'60 Lark Convertible (project in waiting)

Comment

• Jeffster: Thanks for Post #459. I had already found Dan's website but couldn't find anything in it about 2019 MCACN. So I called Dan and talked to him this evening (Friday, November 29).

Dan said the video he made, interviewing John Kroulik and myself, is yet to be edited and released. As an aside, Dan said he was really taken with The Whistler and considered it The 2019 MCACN Show Stopper!

He said the video should be done and "up" on You-Tube by Thursday, December 5th. He added that he would immediately send me the link and I'll be able to post it here, so stay tuned and "don't touch that dial!"

He said he was interested in doing a story on Richard Poe's Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Drags and liked the idea of little Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom IN. So I told him about the event and gave him Richard Poe's phone number for more particulars. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

• That is some great stuff Bob still trying to grasp all that went on during the show I did get an over the top compliment from a Mopar owner who sought me out in the crowd and said wonderful things about the car and display and then finished up and said I should know I have that hemi Cuda down the way. That was pretty cool of him! I want to thank my friend Mike Lynch for all the support and help that he has put into the car. He was the one that kept me on task and my Wife Lorilee for the support she put into it and Her quick action on getting the T-shirts done at the last minute. And once again all of you that came out to support the car. Thanks John Kroulik

Comment

Working...
                                X