1963 R2 Lark "The Whistler"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s finally come full circle...

Click image for larger version  Name:	52B73E9D-98EA-464D-9E94-CA36573B12F9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	110.0 KB ID:	1811498

Click image for larger version  Name:	C3F57363-0259-4AF2-8449-85B4680693D0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	1811499

Click image for larger version  Name:	050CFF08-4625-4343-A857-641D7AA8A217.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	59.9 KB ID:	1811496
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_73306.jpg Views:	35 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	1811495

Click image for larger version  Name:	D474550E-4225-4E68-BEA8-1C1BD211E9C9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	1811497

Click image for larger version  Name:	39061472-3A95-4FCB-BD0E-F31385E5E035.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	131.5 KB ID:	1811494

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-4155.JPG Views:	0 Size:	116.1 KB ID:	1811529
    Last edited by SScopelli; 11-23-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Totally amazingly super heavy duty cool ! ! !
      I'm happy to be able to see & read all this!
      sigpic

Josephine
      Champion V8
      4d sedan

Comment

• These are Sticky times...

Kieth Graham

Garvin

nels Nelson Bove

Ed George

Eric DeRosa

Gary Wood

Andrea

Rich Gregory

Dan

Jim Pepper

Mason

James Maxey

DieselJim Jim Maxey

Thomas, who cam all the way from Sweden..

Craig Parslow 8E45E

bezhawk Brad Bez

DEEPNHOCK Jeff Rice

Digger Dave

Colgate Studebaker Bill Van Alstyne

Andy Beckman

Dusty Taylor

Last edited by SScopelli; 11-25-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Looking good. I'm glad you people are having a good time.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-4108.JPG Views:	13 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	1811470

Thanks very much Sebastian for taking good Pics and Posting them here!

Could we please get a Full Engine Compartment view Pic of the Whistler?

I REALLY, Really wanted to be there this year with the Whistler coming all the way from Arizona and seeing all the really cool effort the George Family have put into this Great "Studebaker" Presentation would be amazing!

I did not hear any mention that the Studebaker National Museum would be bringing our "no longer with us" Friend Jack Merrels's, '64 R1 Pursuit Marshall Police Car (from Edmonds Washington) to the show: Rest in Peace Jack.
            But I definitely do see that amazing and rare Car there.
            https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....1&d=1574526816
            Last edited by StudeRich; 11-23-2019, 08:06 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

1- Thanks very much Sebastian for taking good Pics and Posting them here!

2 - Could we please get a Full Engine Compartment view Pic of the Whistler?

3- I did not hear any mention that the Studebaker National Museum would be bringing our "no longer with us" Friend Jack Merrels's, '64 R1 Pursuit Marshall Police Car (from Edmonds Washington) to the show: Rest in Peace Jack.
              But I definitely do see that amazing and rare Car there.
              StudeRich
              1 - You are welcome for the posting.. However, I was Phoenix bound.. Loralee, Mike and John took the photos and just feed me them and I did the posting.. "Go team.."

2, Sure thing..

The Whistler

Here is the Black one

The Super Red Daytona

3- I'll post the Marshal photo's in the "Who's going to MACAN" thread along with a few other goodies..
              Last edited by SScopelli; 11-24-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Say good night....

The Show has wrapped up and the center is closing out..

It looks absolutely amazing all painted up ready to go racing. What a journey from a pile of neglected metal to top notch contender.

You did a great job John and Mike! The effort to get it right, even down to the exact stickers on the window...

Comment

• Ok thanks all for a great time. Over the top good time The Whistler is sitting cozy in the trailer got out of Chicago westbound ended up in Bloomington Illinois for the night thank you all for coming and watching the Whistler get decorated in its final colors and those that cannot come thank you for following us on the form. Good night John Kroulik

Comment

• Thus truly was an exceptional event, and this was very special.
                    The camaraderie was spectacular.
                    Was proud to have been included.
                    Thank you so much, John!
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• As Jeff said, it truly was a special time and to meet all the folks that brought "The Whistler" back from death row to the showpiece it is. John, Mike and the entire group that were there are just the nicest bunch of people you could ever hope to meet. Many, many thanks for including me in the "sticker stick" event, I had major goose bumps as I put that STP sticker on. Keep up the fabulous work on the car and thanks so much for all the pic's. Bill Van Alstyne.

Comment

• Thankfully, Chuck carved out a place where lucky Studebaker's went to retire..

Not to unusual, a car would find a "Lucky" home.

And you could always find the part you were missing.. Even the exact part you were missing..

Interesting you still may see occasional vision of Sherman T

Or hear the air horns of Erl..

I think Chuck would have had enjoyed this show with a good choice of fried chicken and a few Pepsi.

Thanks again Chuck for the memories, the cars and the good times.

Comment

• OK, so thank you VERY much: Loralee, Mike, John and Sebastian for the great Engine Pics.

Typical Studebaker people, living up to the Studebaker Legacy: "Always give more than you promise"!
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Early Saturday at the MCACN show...

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

• Mid Saturday morning at the MCACN show..

Jeff

Comment

• All went well today made it to Tulsa down for the night it was great putting a face to a name at the show some I will remember and some I will not gust not good with names I’m glad you all had fun being part of the Whistler and especially Bob I believe it’s been a long road coming for him the circle has been completed he was like a kid in a candy store I was glad to make everybody’s day. Jeff thanks for the videos and it was great meeting you wish I had more time to talk really enjoy your work maybe some of your work will go on the Whistler Someday. Oh a crazy thing I saw two people that I knew from Phoenix there at the show they were amazed with my car and quite happy to stumble upon it and on another note I got a really nice complement from a Mopar man with a hemi Cuda down the way he said my car was spectacular over the top and then went to say I should know I own that hemi cuda down the way that was powerful for me. Thanks John

Comment

Working...
                                X