Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    I will give that a try.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84034[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]84032[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]84035[/ATTACH]
    Free STP & Novi Decals from South Bend, IN!

Records in Scotsdale, AZ near the bottom it shows a Ronald Tanner?
    Formula 7 F/S (Stock) at 16.25 Sec. 83.87 MPH Aug. 28, & 29, 1964.

That is likely a Stock 259 or 289 (F7) 2 Barrel, with about 3.31 Gears.
    Probably a different Family Member in a different Stude. could even be a Brand New Hawk!

If it WAS the Whistler it was a REALLY bad run, but I don't get that it was F7, when I ran my 259 2 Brl. I was AHRA I/S -F7

The J/S Stude. of Wade "Pretty Man" and Bill Ehrsan from Sylvania, Ohio with a 10.51 & 67.96 at the 1/8 Mile Milan, MI Drags would be a 232 c.i.d.

Here are 3 More Studes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84036[/ATTACH]
    Oh, OH... a '53 Comm. running a "STOCK" 232 with a 4 Barrel!
    Since both the AHRA and NHRA rules and classes changed nearly every year in the '60's, it was hard keeping up with what was what back then. Between '66 and '70, I ran 4 different NHRA classes and 5 different AHRA classes with a 232 c.i. in a '52. I held track records at several dragstrips in OH and MI, plus 3 AHRA National records. After I moved to AZ, I added 1 more class designation to the same car and won my class at the '73 AHRA Winternationals with a different '52.

The only way you can compare speeds and ET, is to know the rules of each association at the time when the recorded passes were run. Also remember that "stock" in NHRA was not the same as "stock" in AHRA.

Comment

• Nor was it the same in UDRA.

Comment

• Golly, if this Chevy is worth $360,000, just imagine what The Whistler will be worth once it's lettered up and has been displayed at The 2019 Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals!

https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...michigan-48313
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Well Bob that would be wonderful One would never know what it could bring but that's a pretty nice number. The big show is coming up fast and the excitement is building. The Whistler is coming along quite nice. Don't look forward to driving but it must be done Hope to see you all there to enjoy the excitement and revealing of the Whistler. Thanks John Kroulik

Comment

• I'm waiting on video of the first Burn OUT!

Comment

• Maybe the SNM would be interested in buying the Whistler after losing out on the Indy car?

Comment

• Here is some weekend eye candy for you.

It is all coming together.

If you ever stared at the windows and wondered what the stickers were, take a look at the photos below. Mike and crew have pondered long and hard and really has come up with the winning matches.

Still need a few details here and there but its really quite complete down to the 4SPD firewall tag.

Enjoy

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03470.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	1807165Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03443.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	1807166Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03461.JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	1807172Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03465.JPG Views:	0 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	1807167Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03452.JPG Views:	0 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	1807171Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03462.JPG Views:	0 Size:	106.5 KB ID:	1807168Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03453.JPG Views:	0 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	1807169Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03455.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	1807170Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03458.JPG Views:	0 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	1807173
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SScopelli; 10-18-2019, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Wow - although that is the “cheap” interior, still looks great. Did the car come from the factory with the small hubcaps? Looks great.

Might not be any way to find out, but I know the 6.70x15 Firestone 500s were not used at the track on the rear, so I wonder what they switch over to.
                  Last edited by 62champ; 10-19-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Absolutely gorgeous!!! I've enjoyed watching the progress of the Whistler since John first found it at Chuck's place. Congrats to ALL the folks that have worked magic to get it where it is today. Bill

Comment

• Just gorgeous; you guys could not have done a better job. Beautiful.

'So looking forward to seeing it at MCACN 2019. All the best. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• I'm also looking forward to seeing it at MCACN.
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948
                        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

• Impressive. Talk about a wolf in sheep’s clothes!

Comment

• That is a beautiful restoration and an inspiration to us all. A job well done!
                            Last edited by Swifster; 10-21-2019, 05:25 PM.
                            Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

• Well thank all. It’s been a up and down struggle getting this car to this point. It’s exactly one month to this date that I got to be in Chicago with the car. Just working on adjusting things and cleaning up. It will be a all show no go restoration at this point. The engine still has to be built as you all know I’m not made out of money so Chicago it is and the motor will wait. So no burnouts at this time. Thank you all for your support John Kroulik

Comment

• I wonder if any staff from Ray Tanner Motors from 'back in the day' would also like to see their former Crown Jewel on display at MCACN!!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X