1963 R2 Lark "The Whistler"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John,
    It's hard to come up with more accolades for the work you have performed. It is truly an amazing accomplishment on a very rare car.
    Cheers, Bill

Comment

• What Buzzard said, John; carry on! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Spring Fever

Well now that all the snow has melted off Four Peaks, time to get to the garage and get some work done..

First off, the original block is looking great. All nice and clean. needs to be detailed cleaned before the cam bearings go back in.

Its really nice when parts are so clean, that you can almost not tell they are there..

Some detail that is sometimes over looked, but not here.

The Hard work just keeps rolling on..

Comment

• Very nice, guys; keep it up. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• I have followed the build from the start, and you have done a great job so far. I'm anxious to see it finished up!

Comment

• The paint job looks flawless. Beautiful. Can’t wait to see it finished

Comment

• Well thank you for the compliment on the paint job it's far from flawless. But will come out beautiful when I finish things up. To tell you the truth it's my first full car paint job I've done others ones body panel at a time. Things are coming together nicely biggest hold up is finding my parts in my garage and going out getting supplies. Getting things right is a timely thing running back-and-forth looking at other cars in my yard to see how things were done by the factory. Finding production line changes also just little things. Not sure how the rest of you do it without a parts car two sitting around for an example. I'm in the works of getting more unseen photos from the dragstrip days and also updating existing ones in high-resolution that's very exciting will post when I receive them. Thank you all for following this post and progression of The Whistler. Thanks John

Comment

• I keep checking in waiting to read " 13.2 @ 108 mph......... " Nice job !

Comment

• Looks awesome in my opinion

Comment

• A Dashing Good Time

Anyone doing a restoration on a 63 or later Stude know the difficulty of getting it to look perfect. One issue that really can make or break it, is the Dash..

Any car in Arizona from the 60's, you can bet the dash is just a layer of dried out vinyl ready to crack away at the lightest touch. Ive seen a few dash caps for 80's imports but just not impressed for doing a full resto.

Trying to find that perfect original 63 dash is quite the challenge. Even if you could find a Stude burrowed deep in the mine shafts of Pennsylvania would the dash even be usable?

Luckily there were a few forward thinking folks out there to see a good dash, and even if they had no use for it, pulled it out and saved it it a better environment.

Some people call them hoarders, I call them Saints.

Since it was an early 63 R2, it was more likely to have just the 120 speedometer. But also note the "Climatizer" and Radio delete features..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9301.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1727576Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9302.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1727575Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9300.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1727577Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9308.jpg
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1727578Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9307.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1727581Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9309.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1727579Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9303.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1727580

Comment

• Looks good.
                        james r pepper

Comment

• Looks REALLY Good!

That Fan Switch Block-off Plug has to be a VERY rare Part, have you found one yet?

The '63's were not a year that Climitizers were commonly NOT ordered.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• I believe SI still has those blank-off pieces available.

Craig

Comment

• Yes the dash is nice. It's not perfect but nice. My friend Mike Lynch Took on the job of restoring the instrument cluster I believe he's done a top-notch job so far. The original blank out switch crumbled. Looked in the parts manual and found no listing for it. Mike made a new one out of a old switch just need to color match it and it will be done. The tack will need more work to get it up to looking like the rest Not inless somebody wants to step up to the plate with a NOS one Thanks John

Comment

• Beautiful work all around, guys. Thanks for the updates. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Working...
                                X