No announcement yet.

1963 R2 Lark "The Whistler"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as the paint goes its PPG and they call the library back east to get the formula. The gal mixing thought it was to courses of a metallic compared to my sample. I only bought a quart of it. She was right so the next quart I went with a fine metallic should bring a bit more blue out of it and less metallic the guy that mixed the second one up look it up and found that One manufacture used a fine in there mix and the rest used course .???? thanks john

Comment

• John, the fine metallic is the right way to go. The course stuff gives it too much of a custom look....not stock looking.

Comment

• Thanks Nels the fine metallic looks to be right on . Shot the other quart of paint with the fine metallic in it looks good. It's a good time to figure out while doing interior panels . PPG #933746 FIZZ BLUE is what it's modern name is. Just have them substitute the course for fine metallic. And thanks to all others for the good words of encouragement. Thanks John

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Wow, it just gets better and BETTER! The Original Ray Tanner Studebaker Dealer Plate (DLR) !! Awesome!
          An Arizona dealer plate is pretty nice..

But having a Ray Tanner dealer frame is even better!

Or, the icing on the cake, The 1963 Green Valley Trophy!

But some serious work going on as well.

Last edited by SScopelli; 05-08-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the update.
            Very nice, as usual. I hope you'll be on the road (or on the drag strip!) soon.
            Nice day to all.
            sigpic

Comment

• What Christophe said, John. Thanks for the updates and more congratulations than you can imagine. 'Looking good, and better all the time.

Keep it up! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Fantastic details. This is a premium restoration for sure.
                Attached Files
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Forgot this one..

Bit of a teaser, but there is progress on all fronts, and more to come..

Comment

• Here are some better pictures of the frame with its return line,

Return line in front of the cross member left side.

Brake lines:

And fuel line:

Last edited by SScopelli; 07-26-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Thank you every one for the positive words and encouragement. The fun is just begun . It's starting to come together and the parts are coming of the shelves and the hunt for missing śtuff is alway a challenge. And it's always nice to have a few cars out back to reference assembly procedures to. My friends Mike and Sebastian have a if part in it also . Mike is the one that found the coveted Trophie and Sebastian does most of my posting for me and did brake line . Thank you all. John kroulik. Oh and Thank you STUDEBAKER PARTS.COM for the sponsorship of parts needed

Comment

• Originally posted by studejohn View Post
                        Thank you every one for the positive words and encouragement. The fun is just begun . It's starting to come together and the parts are coming of the shelves and the hunt for missing śtuff is alway a challenge. And it's always nice to have a few cars out back to reference assembly procedures to. My friends Mike and Sebastian have a if part in it also . Mike is the one that found the coveted Trophie and Sebastian does most of my posting for me and did brake line . Thank you all. John kroulik. Oh and Thank you STUDEBAKER PARTS.COM for the sponsorship of parts needed
                        John,

Have you found a dash pad yet? I keep looking out but not successful yet.

Bob Miles
                        Different by Design
                        Different by Delight!

Comment

• Yes Bob I have a few that I can pick from all need to be repaired one way or another. Thanks for asking. I'm stell in the hunt for NOS front and back seat covers in blue / vinyl fabric combination bench front with split top If anybody knows please drop me a line. Thanks John

Comment

• More paint going down..

Under the dash vents and climatizer delete..

41/209

Comment

• I love the competition you and Seb are having for our attention! Both of you guys attention to detail is astounding. Congrats John on the marvelous job you're doing bringing back the 'Whistler". Bill

Comment

• Holy Cr4p, it looks like a "Whistler" assembly line!

Comment

Working...
                                X