Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Beautiful work on that neat 1/4 Miler!

I wonder if any judge would actually notice, if one were to weld up those 2 ugly groups of 6 holes in the Firewall for the 6 Cyl. Throttle Bellcrank Shaft crossover from Left to Right?

Of course they are not so obvious when the Firewall Liner is in place, but still not pretty and can leak.
    No one would ever notice.. I did it on the 61, as well as the Clutch Rod hole, and firewall liner holes....

I Have yet any comments on it.

Last edited by SScopelli; 07-28-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      I wonder if any judge would actually notice, if one were to weld up those 2 ugly groups of 6 holes in the Firewall for the 6 Cyl. Throttle Bellcrank Shaft crossover from Left to Right?
      Welding the holes would only add WEIGHT!!! Can't have any EXTRA WEIGHT on a true race car!!

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 10-30-2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Boy that is one beautiful job!

Ted

Comment

• Gorgeous, Guys; this is great. Few cars are so deserving of this level of attention to detail and quality work. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Ok thanks all for the encouragement. It May not look like much has been done but there is tons of work just getting it prepped for primer. All the seams nooks and crannies were cleaned out . The roof has been straightened where they seemed to have celebration dance on it. Just have some primer paintbrush detail work to do where the spraygun doesn't get to the bare metal. Body seen caulking and drip rail calking will be next.The exterior panels quarter panel doors fenders hood trunk are my next endeavor. See all you that are going to the Corvette Musclecar nationals. Thanks John Kroulik

Comment

• Great fun! Thanks to all for contributing.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

• Awesome progress, this is one of my favorite threads and I enjoy starting at the beginning and rereading it once in awhile.

Comment

• Beautiful job, guys. This is one of only about 30 known surviving R2-powered F-body 1963 Larks--well worth the fine effort you are putting into it.

George
                  george krem

Comment

• What a great post! Finding that "lost" legend is a real find. Would be great bringing it back to it's old glory.

Comment

• Getting the body to primer has been an amazing process for John. It's always a pleasure to stop by and see what he's working on. And just like the slogan in 1952, it a real example of "Father and Son Craftsmanship". John's son Kolton is playing a big part of the project!
                      Keep up the effort!
                      Mike Lynch
                      Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
                      Alan Taylor

Comment

• Well not much progress has happened on The Whistler I have been very busy with Chuck Naugal sale. Picking up parts and parts cars conducting the sale. But in the process I was having Patty Naugal get me paperwork on cars that I have bought in the past from Chuck. The Whistler number cam back as being last Registered in 2015 oh boy. So the DMV would not release the name that it was registered to. Had to hire a private I / lawyer friend to get me the name of the registered under. It took them about a half an hour to do made contact with the owner a deal was made for the original serial tag and title. Fortunate for me the owner of the car that the tag and title was on was a big buyer at Chuck Naugal sale. And lived locally in Tucson Arizona. Great news and another great find for The Whistler. Thanks John Kroulik

Comment

• Originally posted by studejohn View Post
                          It took them about a half an hour to do made contact with the owner a deal was made for the original serial tag and title. Fortunate for me the owner of the car that the tag and title was on was a big buyer at Chuck Naugal sale. And lived locally in Tucson Arizona. Great news and another great find for The Whistler. Thanks John Kroulik
                          That's awesome, John!

Did you ever find engine JTS1404 amongst the pile for Eric?

Craig

Comment

• Sorry Craig no luck yet on #JTS1404 block. Sebastian has had no luck either trying to locate a B block in that pile of cars and parts. But my boy pulled 5 TT units out of cars. 1 came out of what was once a R1 Wagoneer and what was once a full package R1 64 gt hawk. Thanks John

Comment

• Originally posted by studejohn View Post
                              Sorry Craig no luck yet on #JTS1404 block. Sebastian has had no luck either trying to locate a B block in that pile of cars and parts. But my boy pulled 5 TT units out of cars. 1 came out of what was once a R1 Wagoneer and what was once a full package R1 64 gt hawk. Thanks John
                              John, thanks for looking (and Craig, thanks for remembering!) I sure appreciate it. Also, a big thank you to you John for your efforts with the Naugle collection, as well as bringing the Whistler back to life. The cars are great, but the people who share a passion for Studebakers are what makes this club so special.

Thanks again.
                              Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                              \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

• What Eric said in Post #239, John. BP
                                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                                X