Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abkco
    replied
    You could go into business selling those. Simply gorgeous. I’ll take one of each! I can’t wait to see the finished car. Thank you for posting such detailed pictures throughout the project. It’s a great reference point for others who want to restore their’s correctly. Thanks, Seb.

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Face Off

Time for some face off restoration..

Some before pics of the Speedometer and Tachometer face before restoration..

The tach meter movement was cleaned and checked and calibrated..

Since this is a lengthy process to restore the face I did a few more.. I kept one of the original Tach faces to make sure I matched it as best I could..

Restored Speedo..

And the Tach

Since "The Whistler" is an early car, it has a 120 Speedometer in it now, but if the need arises, the 160 speedometer is ready to go in just in case..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0676.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1728319Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9884.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1728320Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0594.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1728321Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0597.jpg
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	1728322Click image for larger version

Name:	JOAY0244.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1728323Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0645.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1728324Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0650.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1728325Click image for larger version

Name:	CGNS7310.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	172832654,411

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by studejohn View Post
    Oh ya Bob the battery set up was just for you. wouldn't want to get caught without a battery hold down before the Engine is even in place
    Thanks, John; much appreciated! BP

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Keep up the excellent work!

Really looking forward to seeing it in Chicago!!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    Oh ya Bob the battery set up was just for you. wouldn't want to get caught without a battery hold down before the Engine is even in place

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    Sebastian thank you for posting. A quick correction I have been back to Southbend in the past and picked up many door panels. But these door panels headliner rubber floor mat and seat covers all NOS were supplied by Will Sanders and his wife from Starlite Studebaker. Yes the car is coming together I love putting part after part off-the-shelf onto it. Things aren't always behaving or going the way I like but it is what it is. As far as the battery goes it came out of California picked it up at the last Lapalma meet about two weeks ago. Believe it or not the stuff is still out there some of the older club members having the sense to clean out there collection. Before their loved ones toss the stuff out. This car would not be as far along as it is without my friends helping me and the encouragement of all of you on the news group. Thanks John Kroulik
    Last edited by studejohn; 06-07-2019, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    Where on earth did you find an NOS Willard?

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Incredible, guys; keep it up and keep posting the progress. BP

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Looks PERFECT Sebastian! Exactly like a Brand New '63 Lark Regal.
    Thanks Rich,

John is really going that extra effort to keep it all original in every detail and using NOS where possible..

Like finding a "Willard" battery that has never had acid in it, or the hold down rod that still has part of a NOS tag on it, or even the NOS regulator...

He just put it in for now for a picture and deiced to get the hold down as well.

This might be a bit premature in posting it, being it is in its raw state, but don't worry, it will get cleaned up and repainted.

Name:	IMG_0629.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1728284Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0630.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1728285

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    This build just gets more amazing.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Looks PERFECT Sebastian! Exactly like a Brand New '63 Lark Regal.

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Making Progress..

Its really amazing that you can still find NOS interior parts in restoration of these cars.

The rear seats are all rebuilt with correct cotton bating and are ready to install in the Whistler.

Oddly, John's many trips to SI decades ago, he happened to grab a complete set of NOS door panels and the arm rest for a Blue F4 Regal

Notice, event the correct rubber floor mat..

Name:	IMG_0618.jpg
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1728275Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0619.jpg
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1728276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	1728277Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0623.jpg
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	172827853,836

Leave a comment:

• Bellingham Studenut
    replied
    Terrific pictures and the project is looking great!

Leave a comment:

• studejohn
    replied
    Lots of neat things in the new photos like in the first photo the 63 lark in the back ground racing The Whistler. Will have to do more research on that car as we receive new shot of the car hopefully from John Bloom . And the big dent in the door. The third shot The Whistler has some shoe polish writing on the front and rear fenders the rear says National class winner and the front says King Balancing above that WHISTLER II ???? Another mystery to uncover, but most liklly the first time it was called the The Whistler. All the window stickers have been solved by my friend Mike. They took some research but he got them. 1 is DRI POWR 2 BILL MOXLEY RACING SLICKS local business 3 GREEN VALLEY CLASS CHAMPION 4 solved by my friend Jimmy KING Balancing also local business .Those were the four hardest to figure out Thanks for following The Whistler progress John

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Great photos, Seb; thanks. It looks like The Whistler had consistently good weight transfer. BP
    Was it all good weight transfer or was it set up to be at an angle (raised front) when at rest? It probably also had 90/10 shocks (common at that time in "stock" drag racing).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X