No announcement yet.

1963 R2 Lark "The Whistler"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes slowly coming along with the project As you can see they must have had to done the botched repair in the back Chicken coop as it shows buy the chicken poop welds. All fun aside they must of been under the gun to do what ever repairs needed on the Clutch or transmission? Most likely trying to keep there points standing for Winter nationals title. Hang in there all. Thanks John Kroulik. Oh ya Sebastian how's the Green Crunch coming As you may not know I challenge him to get his car restored at the same time. Thank for posting pix for me Sab and buy parts for me.

Comment

• A big thanks to Nelson on coming out to Phoenix and visiting John and Mike, and of course "The Whistler" and the Green Mist..

I apologize to Nelson I was not able to make it as I was 140 miles south helping out another Studebaker family..

<=== See

Last edited by SScopelli; 07-28-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Sebastian. You almost got it right but Mike wasn't there. Nelson and Keith Graham. Had a great time talking and showing them what's going on with The Whistler. John Kroulik

Comment

• Right now I'm sitting in the Phoenix airport waiting for the red eye flight back to Cincinnati. Sebastian and John both have big projects in front of them but both are very worth while endeavors. It will be fun to see who finishes first.
          If you look close you will see a set of nos Avanti turquoise seat belts I got from John. They will look great in the 64 Avanti project I'm starting.
          Great time, John, I appreciate it. Maybe I'll catch you next time, Sebastian.

Comment

• Post 137: I'm working on understanding the significance of Nels being in the shadows. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Post 137: I'm working on understanding the significance of Nels being in the shadows. BP
              The significance is how much nicer the weather is there!! Here, the leaves have fallen weeks ago!

Incidently, his this thread made the record for the number of viewers for one single car yet?

Craig

Comment

• Well, Time to hit this post again...

Some time ago I was ribbing John about the Whistler's mother..

Well, I think I may have found it..

Here is a Blue Mist 63 Daytona that was rescued from the occasional Rock Throwing Practice..
                This time I didn't need a build sheet to see it was a
                289 4bbl, Dual Exhaust
                3spd auto,
                Twin Track,
                Bucket Seats
                L/R Mirrors
                F/R Seat belts
                Bumper wings
                Pwr Disk Brakes,
                Oh yes, Under coating..

This car came from Chuck's place. It was quite a day for him to get out of the house away from physical therapy and get some real Studebaker therapy.
                While stopped at the gas station filling up, a guy got out of the his car, correctly identified it as a Studebaker, and asked me, "You must really like cars don't you?" I just replied, "Yes, doesn't everybody.."
                Last edited by SScopelli; 07-28-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• 'Looking good, Seb; cool beans. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• from the makeup around the eyes, maybe it was Alice Cooper's car at one time . . .

very good to hear that Chuck can be involved in this kind of fun.
                    sigpic
                    JohnP, driving & reviving
                    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

• 63 2 door Custom....you might not want to remove the stainless around you door window frames....they are impossible to get back on without damaging. Good luck with your restoration.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                        63 2 door Custom....you might not want to remove the stainless around you door window frames....they are impossible to get back on without damaging. Good luck with your restoration.
                        2 door '63 Customs are cool! But this one looks more like a hardtop, at least to me.
                        Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC
                        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

• Given the Whistlers racing history, and the possibility of future drag strip engagements, I would suggest restoring making the replacement trans tunnel easily removable. Not so hacked and crude, but with a solid drilled and tapped flange welded in place. It will be out of sight under carpet, and when it comes time for repair or maintenance you will never regret it.
                          And hey, this racing modification is an integral documented part of this particular vehicle's racing history and an asset of historical significance.
                          Be a crying shame to restore that tunnel to 'factory stock' again. Just my personal opinion.
                          Last edited by Jessie J.; 06-02-2015, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                            63 2 door Custom....you might not want to remove the stainless around you door window frames....they are impossible to get back on without damaging. Good luck with your restoration.
                            To me, it looks like neither a two door sedan nor a Custom model. On my screen, it appears to be a Daytona two door hardtop.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• Huh?

As I noted, it is a 63 Daytona, which I believe only came in the "Hard Top" body.

I only called it the Whistler's Mother because its true color is Blue Mist, which is the color of the real "The Whistler," and by chance was found in Chuck's preserve as well.

She is not an R car by any means..

Sorry for any confusion..

Comment

• Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                                As I noted, it is a 63 Daytona, which I believe only came in the "Hard Top" body.
                                That is correct in that there was no 'F' body 2 door sedan available in the Daytona line until the 1965 model year. However, a convertible and station wagon were also available in Daytona trim for 1963 besides the hardtop.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X