1962 Wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Wagons

I am looking for a new vehicle and am wondering about purchasing a 1962 Lark V8 Wagon. Have been pleased with my Lark, just not sensible to end up spending $100,000 on it so it's leaving.

In any event are there many (or any) good ones around?

I believe there are some here in OZ but I'd likely have to import if I go this way.

Comments anyone???
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

I had one I pulled out of a barnyard, got it running, did the brakes and after changind the front sheet meatal and driving around a couple of months I drove it to Los Angeles and back for their winter meet. It performed great on the entire 2400 mile trip. It was no show piece but we had a great time. Lots of thumbs-up on the trip. I would recommend it to anyone. I sold it after the trip and am working on the next adventure.
    Rob

Comment

Hemmings News, eBay, the "Used Car Section" here on the Forum might be of some help to you.
      JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Ed Reynolds has a nice white one for sale. (Photo posted below)

Craig
        Last edited by 8E45E; 03-21-2013, 02:19 PM. Reason: Confirmed car is still currently for sale

Comment

Ed's was beautiful. The 62's are my favorite. I always liked oddball stuff.
          Jamie McLeod
          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
          1958 Commander "Christine"
          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
          1955 Commander Sedan
          1964 Champ
          1960 Lark

Comment

I guess that makes me "odd" Jamie (Laughs).
            John Clements

Comment

That is true, you do have to have a little bit "Different" taste to like the '62's, but if you do they are as good a driver as their "better Looking" '60 and '61 4 Door Wagon Cousins!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, John; I saw that pretty white / red interior '62 at Ed Reynold's Studebaker International here near Indianapolis not too long ago. It is a nice car and a bit odd with a V8 and straight three-speed, no overdrive, IIRC. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here is a photo of it:

Craig

Comment

That one IS in very good condition, and it was delivered to the Dealer Dad worked at: Frank H. Afton Co. Inglewood, Calif.
                    I could have even ridden in it when it was new!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have arranged to purchase a friend's 1962 Lark Regal (sorry Rich [smile]) sedan in champagne gold with a maroon interior. A lovely vehicle which was restored by the guys in my club so is perfect. Photos will come.

There's just something to me about the curved windscreen and this lark is the last year with that. I'll concede the 2 door sedan/coupe's look classier but 4 doors are practical and easier to get into the rear.
                      John Clements

Comment

In any case, what would Ed's car be worth? Just curious, I imagine between 20 and 30 K but???
                        John Clements

Comment

any more pics of that 62' wagon ?

Comment

The wagon is still for sale. I am asking $12,500 for it and if anyone is interested I can send details and photos.

Ed Reynolds

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                              In any case, what would Ed's car be worth? Just curious, I imagine between 20 and 30 K but???
                              John, I would recommend Ed's wagon. Nice car with a few interesting options. It is a manual but the LHC gear change linkage is far more pleasant to drive with than the RHC version.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                              X