Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts

When I bought my Silver Hawk last week, the owner gave me three tubs of assorted parts, new and used. They are for various years and models of Studebakers. Can I list them on this site? They include ignition parts, thermostats, carburetors, switches, etc.

If you want to sell them there is a section for that. If you want help to identify them, post some pictures?
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Hi Washtubman, and welcome to the SDC Forum! Sounds like you scored

Although there's not a section here specifically for selling parts, members can post 1 "for sale" type post per month. Here in the "General" board is the best place to do that. See this post for details on this policy.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
          If you want to sell them there is a section for that. If you want help to identify them, post some pictures?
          Here is a start of items I would like identified. The box on one of carbs says it's for a Studebaker pickup; the other carb says 51-52 commander; oil gauge 1936 Dictator; heat gauge 1951 ????; hub cap??? Any verification of these would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking for something????? let me know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3399.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1679476Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3400.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1679477Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3401.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1679478Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3402.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1679479Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3403.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1679480

Comment

Some neat stuff there. These look valuable to someone in need. Hope they get put back in a Stude. Cheeers.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Pretty diverse array of parts. That white hub cap is for late 1/2ton Pickups. I'd like to own that piece.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                Pretty diverse array of parts. That white hub cap is for late 1/2ton Pickups. I'd like to own that piece.
                They are all for sale. Don't know how much, but for sale!

Comment

If you have a bunch of stuff... reserve a space at the South Bend Swap Meet in May. http://www.michiana-chapter-sdc.net/Annual_Meet.php. I am sure that there are no indoor spaces left, but there should be outdoor spots available.

Comment

If you bring the parts for May swap meet find a trusted vendor to give you a ball park value before you sell anything to keep someone from ripping you off. I learned the hard way the first time I vended.

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                      If you bring the parts for May swap meet find a trusted vendor to give you a ball park value before you sell anything to keep someone from ripping you off. I learned the hard way the first time I vended.

Denny L
                      Thanks for the info. I can't make South Bend so will list some on EBay. My problem is that I don't know what the stuff is worth!

Comment

Click on my name, then PM me from there. I'll help you with pricing.
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The Oil Gauge is a 1936 Dictator. But to tell you the truth it may be a mute point because it's condition looks very much like someone installed a New one and placed the dead one in the box or poor storage has ruined a New one, making it useless.

The White Hubcap is for any 1/2 Ton, Standard Cab, 1960 to 1964 Champ Pickup.

The 1st. Carb. is a One Barrel Carb with a Manual Choke for a 6 Cyl. Stude. Truck.

The other Carb with the cover on it, is a '51 to '52 Commander V8 Stromberg Model AAUVB-26 2 Brl.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich, I was trying to recall - that BBR1 - were variants of that used on both the little AND big six?

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post

Denny L
                              I've vended twice at Reedsville. I priced everything to sell. If I needed it, I would have kept it. Everyone went home happy.
                              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
                              X