You Made Me Sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Made Me Sick

That's right you all have caused me to upset my tummy! I trust you and you trust me. We are FORUM MEMBERS and members of the CLUB! So to that end without mentioning specific names.... I have recently shipped my grill parts, window trim parts, tail light parts, and my radio to vendors mentioned HERE.

I don't know any of you and you don't know me, but somehow we trust each other...ain't that great! I trust your recommendations, I trust the vendors you trust and vica versa. I have been involved in Studebakers since 1976 (alone and lonely). Now we are a club. So I ship off my most valued parts to "Internet Vendors" based on this forum......and you know what.......my stomach turned.....I wondered.....I worried....I got my parts back. Nice.......Use Advanced Search....Trust The Forum.

That's what the Studebaker Family is all about helping one another with our various issues/needs. Glad it all worked out for you Jim.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Jim,
      Hope to see you at the 2014 Studebaker International Meet at Dover Downs!
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Wow Jim, you really had ME worried there!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I'm excited about the '14 Stude Int'l Meet in Dover, DE. It's not often that we get the Int'l meet on the east coast.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

My wife and I went and checked Dover Downs out right after the York swap meet. We really wanted to see which roads to take going down there because we had never been in that state before. Found a great route for us to take ( in our Studebaker) and we stayed in Dover for a couple of days . We are looking forward to going , the venue should be excellent !
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Next time drop a little alka seltzer before you mail your parts off. Works every time!

Comment

Stude people made me well after I realized my good ol boy wouldn't listen to me, the advice I received from the forum or anybody else. Thought he knew better. Cost me big time to undo his work. SDC is the only place to get Stude advice.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I learned to trust people here too and have had great success with many of the vendors. It's a good crowd for sure.

Comment

From an original" North Jersey guy","Glad you got your parts.The forums is here to help all of us ,It makes us better" Studebaker Folks",because we care about each other and treat each other right !..Say hello to Fair Lawn N.J. for me ..thanks!..

Comment

The Stude community, and the Studebaker Drivers Club is pretty protective of our favorite marque. We span the huge range of socio-economic categories and political persuasions but, in deference to our vehicles, we are all brothers and sisters. If we put it down...IT STAYS DOWN!

" If we put it down...IT STAYS DOWN!" Don't misunderstand me; by "putting something down" I don't mean denigrating it. My obscure reference is to a line from a poem by Lord Buckley. "When The Nazz put something down...it stayed down!" Lord Buckley was a "beat" poet. His poem "The Nazz" was...well, you listen and tell me who "The Nazz" was, and what was meant by him "putting something down"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0x5x8lyON8
                      Last edited by rockne10; 03-20-2013, 09:26 PM.
                      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

The club is trying to spread that simple truth...

sigpic
                        Bob Shaw
                        Rush City, Minnesota
                        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
                        X