Nice old Packard-Baker in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice old Packard-Baker in MN

This car really got my attention as I always wanted one. But like always, I found it at a bad time for me to buy anything:

http://stcloud.craigslist.org/cto/3672389327.html

Are these cars supercharged? I may have to take a look anyways..

Only the Hawk series were supercharged in 58. no sedans
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

That '58 has been advertised before; e-bay or ???

'Maybe a year ago, or a little less. Anyone else remember it? BP
      Last edited by BobPalma; 03-17-2013, 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I remember it. Same pictures too. I love that roof line.

Comment

Yes we did look at it before, I recognize those 15 inch '55 Wheels, on the Left Front one you can see the '51 to '57 spring Clip holes and the original '55 actual PINK factory color paint.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

She's a nice 'un.

I've seen worse; my P.H. for instance.
            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
            Kenmore, Washington
            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
            '69 Pontiac Firebird
            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

YOU WILL HAVE THE ONLY ONE ON YOUR BLOCK
              Thass for true!

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Has been linked to the Forum a couple times over the past years. For some reason it is not selling. Right side has a couple buckles in the sheet metal (third pic.).
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I don't know what would be a bigger challenge,....restoring the Packard, or that garage behind it!

Comment

Yeah, it's been for sale since last summer. If the weather ever gets decent here, I intend to call the guy and go look it over. Maybe next Saturday? We shall see.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I found some other pictures of it:

http://boneyardbrothers.com/main.php/v/PACKARD/

Its a cool car, but the Hawk I have is actually in better condition.

Comment

Hey! It still had a bumper jack!
                        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Lets see now. Take the fins off put a 57 front clip on it. Paint it red and put white upholstery in side. Well quit dreaming I am to old to start another project.

Comment

Lots of tin-worm would be a great looking car when done,but I think with the amount of money one invested to it right you would be better off to buy less rusty..
                            No P/S or brakes visible & I would like to see what's left under the fins

Comment

Hi

That one and a '58 Commander hardtop were in that auction in North Dakota a year or so ago. You might recall the pictures of it on the auction site, both set out by a fence facing the highway. There was a white '58 Packard hardtop housed inside in the sale as well. The car offered here is 58L8081, late production , 133 '58 Packards from the last one 58L-8134

The Old Cars Weekly report on the sale list these cars, this one didn't sell for much, though don't recall how much. He had it for sale shortly after the auction for a ridiculous price on ebay and Craigslist.....must be found out it isn't the hot item he thought. Price seems to be inching back closer to a realistic range.

As is typical of the profiteers, they don't seem to manage to do much of anything to improve their 'prizes' condition other than maybe a quick wash job, dump a little gas in the carb and hook up a hot battery so it runs (briefly). But, they never fail to place a big price on their prizes, do they?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X