Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbstude
    replied
    Joe, I love an over-restored car. But there's a lot to be said for a greasy driver that still sees thousands of miles a year.. Like yours. And those are usually a lot more fun!

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Joe, you saw this car driving around in Nashville last fall, the same time that Carl and myself saw it. It was the two tone grey '31 sedan.
    Matt, I believe y'all. Just saying, its so purty it almost looks like a mock up, never ran nor intended to be ran. That requires a level of attention I cannot identify with, but does not mean it ain't so

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Joe, you saw this car driving around in Nashville last fall, the same time that Carl and myself saw it. It was the two tone grey '31 sedan.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    I know it ran because I seen him driving it around.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    Have you ever tried to keep an engine that clean?
    It would be easy to keep that clean if there were no internals, and it were simply a "shell". If internals are there, and if ever fired up, even for a few minutes, it would begin to deteriorate.

Actually, I was kinda wondering whether there are any internals in this engine. Certainly none are needed, since it is strictly for show.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Have you ever tried to keep an engine that clean?

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Is that a Bar-B-Q or a Heater lit off by an ignition Coil on the Carb. of that '40? Maybe a GIANT Popcorn Popper! I think there is something about that depth, 3D or lack of it in that close up, that causes the Coil to look like it is part of that HUGE Air Cleaner.
    the original "hot caramel corn popper"!
    a couple other perspectives - before wiring replacement.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0444.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1679427Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0443.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1679428

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Is that a Bar-B-Q or a Heater lit off by an ignition Coil on the Carb. of that '40? Maybe a GIANT Popcorn Popper!

I think there is something about that depth, 3D or lack of it in that close up, that causes the Coil to look like it is part of that HUGE Air Cleaner.

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    It is gorgeous. Does he wax it?

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    that color looks pretty darn close to the "correct" color that i used on the '40. of course my paint job is not nearly close to the awesome job in the O.P. pic!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0442.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1679417

i don't recall if that color is "correct" for that year. doesn't matter much, it's beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Absolutely gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
    I could never get a motor to look like this.
    There's that good old 'Bell Telephone Green' again......Perfect color for the 'old stuff'!

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Building a car like that is kinda like putting together a plastic model car, then you sit it on the shelf and look at it; only take it off the shelf once in awhile, very carefully, then carefully put it back on the shelf.
    Its beautiful though.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by studefan View Post
    That is stunning.
    The whole car is overwhelming. The bottom of the running boards are exposed wood, that has been finished and stained. Craig's attention to detail is pretty amazing.

Leave a comment:

• studefan
    replied
    That is stunning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X