Beautiful Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Is that a Bar-B-Q or a Heater lit off by an ignition Coil on the Carb. of that '40? Maybe a GIANT Popcorn Popper! I think there is something about that depth, 3D or lack of it in that close up, that causes the Coil to look like it is part of that HUGE Air Cleaner.
    the original "hot caramel corn popper"!
    a couple other perspectives - before wiring replacement.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0444.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1679427Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0443.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1679428
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Have you ever tried to keep an engine that clean?
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        Have you ever tried to keep an engine that clean?
        It would be easy to keep that clean if there were no internals, and it were simply a "shell". If internals are there, and if ever fired up, even for a few minutes, it would begin to deteriorate.

Actually, I was kinda wondering whether there are any internals in this engine. Certainly none are needed, since it is strictly for show.

Comment

I know it ran because I seen him driving it around.

Comment

Joe, you saw this car driving around in Nashville last fall, the same time that Carl and myself saw it. It was the two tone grey '31 sedan.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              Joe, you saw this car driving around in Nashville last fall, the same time that Carl and myself saw it. It was the two tone grey '31 sedan.
              Matt, I believe y'all. Just saying, its so purty it almost looks like a mock up, never ran nor intended to be ran. That requires a level of attention I cannot identify with, but does not mean it ain't so

Comment

Joe, I love an over-restored car. But there's a lot to be said for a greasy driver that still sees thousands of miles a year.. Like yours. And those are usually a lot more fun!

Comment

Working...
                X