Stainless repair tech tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless repair tech tips

A few years ago I started a series of threads on this forum on repairing stainless "for Studebakers". The moderator moved the threads to the Tech Tips section of the SDC website, at studebakerdriversclub.com. (The home page of this forum.)
    Unfortunately, several of the posts were shortened by the process of moving the threads and there was nothing the moderator could do -- no matter how much he tried. (And he did try.)
    I wasn't much concerned about it at the time but when I recently revisited the Tech Tips subject I realized that some stuff left out was more important than I had realized earlier.
    Particularly some photos and comments on wheel cover buffing, as well as some other stainless items.

Did anyone happen to keep a copy the original threads that I could borrow?
    I would like to have a copy so that I can patch up the Tech Tips post.

I still have access at photobucket.com for the pics I used.
    Last edited by Lark Parker; 03-16-2013, 11:29 AM.
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

I have the entire thread discussion (Thank you for that), and have never added it to the tech page as yet. Unfortunately, I'm away from home right now. If nothing comes up before Monday, I'll give you a link to it. You might just search for it here on the forum, in the meantime...
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

i've read Mr. McP's information in the "tech area" in last few weeks, and would love to see what was left off from the transfer to the site. i'm hoping Mr. Johnstone can provide the info soon, but wanted to "bump" this back up in case anyone missed it, and also has the info.
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

This would be very helpful should any of us be having trouble getting stainless pieces re-done
        1947 M5 under restoration
        a bunch of non-Stude stuff

Comment

Dale, your original posts are all still here on the Forum: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...archid=1183577

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Clark that is a dead link for me...

Comment

I appreciate your interest. The info used to be in my first computer before it crashed and I replaced it with a bigger one.
              The info left me faster then it had come to me.<G>
              I intend to take some leftover stainless to the South Bend swap to sell cheap. Some are finished. Incidentally, there is a finished M-truck grill center bar in there.
              Last edited by Lark Parker; 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                Dale, your original posts are all still here on the Forum: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...archid=1183577

Link didn't work for me.............
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Dale, I am in need of a finished M-truck grill center bar. I am in Texas. Can we get together on this ?
                  Thanks, I could send you a shipping tube to work with.

PM sent

dave w.
                  Last edited by tbirdtbird; 03-18-2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdtbird View Post
                    Dale, I am in need of a finished M-truck grill center bar. I am in Texas. Can we get together on this ?
                    Thanks, I could send you a shipping tube to work with.

PM sent

dave w.
                    Email sent.
                    sigpic

Comment

Dale, when everything is available I'd like to retrieve it as a whole series. If you could, would you put a note on the forum that the info is complete once again. Thanks for 1) letting us know of the needed repairs to your posts, and 2) for putting the info together on this forum for us in the first place. It is greatly appreciated by many of us, Bill Van Alstyne.

Comment

If you read these postings from these links carefully you will realize that there is information missing....you get to the end of most of them and realize that they stop mid-sentence and may also seem to be missing pix. I had asked about this maybe 2 yrs ago and was told nothing could be done to retrieve the info.....

Comment

I have a paper copy of the article that I copyed off in jan. of 2010.About 25 pages long.If it would help I can run a paper copy and snail mail it to you.Will need you add.

Comment

Originally posted by Chipmaker View Post
                            I have a paper copy of the article that I copyed off in jan. of 2010.About 25 pages long.If it would help I can run a paper copy and snail mail it to you.Will need you add.
                            PM sent

Comment

Working...
                            X