Malcolm's Wagonaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm's Wagonaire

Just got my March TW today and just wanted to comment on Malcolm's story .....what a great article and man does he drive that Studebaker! I thought I drove mine to a lot of meets but there sure can't be many who can outdo Malcolm.....way to go Malcolm and have a safe trip to Colorado....see you there .( if not before )
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

I read the article and wondered if the car came from the factory with an R2? The article does not really say.

Comment

I've talked with Malcolm several times, and if I remember correctly, he did not have the R2 in the car when he got it. I might be wrong, but between Phil Harris and Malcolm, I remember that information. Malcolm has some neat trucks also that he is pretty proud of. He does a lot of "innovative" things to his vehicles, and he is an absolute joy to talk with. Bill Van Alstyne

Comment

I remember the first time that I saw Malcomb make a pass with this car...(Osceola, 2002 IIRC)...
        Saw it at the show, and drooled over the engine compartment.
        Then, standing behind the starting line, I watched him stage the car.
        Normal stage.... Tree blinks down.... Launced nice on the last yellow....
        Launched really well for a big ol' wagon.
        Perked my drag race senses to 'pay attention'....
        Watched his pass from beginning to end...
        1/2 shift....nice! 2/3 shift...nice! 3/4 shift....NICE! 4/5 shift... Wha!? 5 speed! Woohooo!
        Just looking at it you'd never know..unless he told you.
        One sweet machine that is put together extrememly well....
        Worth all the positive comments...
        (I have a video, or have seen a video of that run somewhere in the archives)..
        Jeff
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

He had the wagon at the Zone Meet in Frankenmuth, Mi last summer. It's easy to see the work that has gone into the wagon, and yes, he said it was a Mustang 5-speed behind the R2.

A easy guy to talk to and a very nice car.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
            I read the article and wondered if the car came from the factory with an R2? The article does not really say.
            Some his'try on that car here: http://www.studebaker-info.org/JTN/JTNEWS/JTN21spec.htm

Craig

Comment

Malcolm is a heck of a nice guy and an accomplished machinist.
              It's good to see him featured in TW -- and a shame that he doesn't "computer" much.
              On the forum we could learn a lot from him.
              sigpic
              Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Working...
              X