Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People in the stude know please read, I could use an opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow me to add the voice of experience and tell you to get a car that has been done, or which doesn't need much. I've spent about $40,000 on my 1962 Lark, and as the friend who sold it to me said, you'll maybe spend another $50,000 with body and paint, chrome and upholstery so why not take my 1962 Lark which has been done and is as nice as you can imagine.

I'm going to do just that, ironically, as I just spent $16,000 on my engine rebuild, rewiring and a defective disk brake kit, which works fine but won't retain the brake fluid.

Trevor and I will do the car up for his grandson, although as Curtis is 5 we'll likely get a drive or two in. [Laughs]

Go to it and buy and enjoy your chosen vehicle, then make sure you have mechanics who are able and willing to take care of it.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

?????????????????????????????????????

I can, we can, locate a car that you want. Heck, it's not like there not out there. Check e bay for one. Go to a Stude meet. Join the club. Get educated. We can only help you so much and can't guarantee you a fine car for a fair price. I can guarantee me a fine car for a fair price. Chances on you getting a nice GT for 3500 are slim. 6500 maybe, but don't count on it. 9 to 12 possible. 12 and up yes. Don't be paranoid. Be educated for your search. A lot of us got into Studebakers before this internet thing. Some learned bout Studes thru making bad choices. I for one, but I learned. There's worse things in life than overpaying for a car that you thought at first to be better. These days it is so easy to come up with a good affordable Stude. You have to tell us how much you wish to spend firstly. We'll tell you what your green will buy. Don't xpect a C-K model that is anything but a project to come your way for cheap. Us Stude people ain't stupid. At this time I would recommend you not buy a car needing restoration. Make a decision on your own or choose someone to help you from whomever you may trust. Remember this, fixing up a car, even if you've got the time and talent is going to cost you way more money in the long run. I ain't LION Don't buy a cheap POS just cause the price is right and the particular model has the word "friend" written all over it. It can also be your worst enemy. cheers jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
        Okay, guys, one cannadian dollar is a loonie. A person who is loonie is crazy. It was a joke based on these facts and nothing more. I couldn't know any less about canadian money if I tried. I thought it was funny.
        Actually, the reason a Canadian dollar coin is called a "loonie" is because an image of a loon appears on the tails side. When our two-dollar coin was introduced it soon got the nickname "two-nie" or "toonie".
        Bill Jarvis

Comment

Issues beyond Canadian I have a '63 hawk 1. I WOULD SAY IF FRONT CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS, NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO YOURSELF OR EXPENSIVE PARTS, JUST A FAIR AMOUNT OF WORK 2. WOULD BE IF THE CAR HAS BEEN IN THE SALT, CHECK THE FRAME IN THE REAR
          Mark Riesch
          New Bern, NC

Comment

Working...
          X