X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
    i'll go with Robert Conrad about 10 years prior to "The Wild Wild West": http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2526451712/nm0001066

looks like he's on his "tippy-toes"!!!

Hardly, Conrad is about 5'6" tall a runt of a man.

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker Wheel
    replied
    Not me, my uncle on mothers side Cliff Robertson.

Leave a comment:

• plwindish
    replied
    I would go with the younger Jim Davis aka Jock Ewing. Robert Conrad would have had to stand on a bucket to have his elbow on the top of the car.

Leave a comment:

• Pat Skelly
    replied
    Bo got it right.

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
    i'll go with Robert Conrad about 10 years prior to "The Wild Wild West": http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2526451712/nm0001066 looks like he's on his "tippy-toes"!!!
    ...or maybe it’s a scaled down ’56 Hawk?

I skied Vail Mountain with Robert Conrad and he only came up to my shoulders …and I’m barely 6’ ...on a good day!

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    i'll go with Robert Conrad about 10 years prior to "The Wild Wild West": http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2526451712/nm0001066

looks like he's on his "tippy-toes"!!!

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    If not John Wayne's stunt double, then he must surely be John Wayne's mechanic. He wears a scarf around his neck for a grease rag and has the cuffs of his pants turned up to hold small parts and/or tools.

Leave a comment:

• Bo Markham
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Honest, I don't know who this is:

....but it looks like some sort of publicity shot and the Power Hawk / Flight Hawk has a California plate up front, so I figure this is somebody that's supposed to be rich / famous / important / all the above.

Any ideas, Hollywood sleuths? BP
    That would be Jim Davis.

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

....but it looks like some sort of publicity shot and the Power Hawk / Flight Hawk has a California plate up front, so I figure this is somebody that's supposed to be rich / famous / important / all the above.

How about a 32 year old, 6’-7” James Arness around the time of the first “GUNSMOKE” TV episode in 1955 and “GUN THE MAN DOWN” (a Western movie) filmed in 1956 ...both starring Arness.
    Last edited by Welcome; 03-14-2013, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied
    I think an "A" picture actor would surely have a Golden Hawk.
    He's a big dude to be able to lean his elbow on the roof.
    The 58's had 14" wheels and using that for scale I figured he is 17' 6" tall.
    So, logically, he must be the stunt double for John Wayne when Yakima Cornutt wasn't available.
    Last edited by Lark Parker; 03-16-2013, 03:10 PM. Reason: I had a brain fart and was wrong-- its a 56 Hawk

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
    Dick Quinn when a bit younger !!!
    I dunno, Jim; would Dick Quinn have even been seen with a postwar Studebaker in 1956? BP

Leave a comment:

• HAWK64
    replied
    Dick Quinn when a bit younger !!!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    started a topic Who is this Actor w/ 56 Hawk?

Who is this Actor w/ 56 Hawk?

Working...
X