1957-58 Color and Fabric Selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
    Yes, I have that supplemental sheet as well. See below. If you can supply a serial number I can look up the p.o.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22133[/ATTACH]
    Hi Richard, Sent PM
    Thanks Bill
    Last edited by 57pack; 03-15-2013, 06:26 PM.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Thank you, Richard

PM sent
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Hi Richard

Thanks for giving us a look at a rare item. In the '57 Clipper interior choices, it shows a green combination, confirming what I found in a rough parts car 25 years ago, only one I've ever seen. The seat upholstery was extremely faded and dirty, but some dark turquoise dash vinyl remained and in a protected spot the carpet was a turquoise and black tweed. I surprised me they went to those lengths to color coordinate the Clipper, given their precarious financial situation.

Inca cream/Arctic white would look great on the '57 Clippers, the black/gray interior a nice compliment. I've only seen one '57 President Classic in those Spring Colors, it was a rough one in Ohio auctioned on eBay years ago.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          Yes, see image below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22134[/ATTACH]
          Thanks! The red and white hardtop that I had for nine years had the red and black vinyl interior.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
            Hi Richard, Sent PM
            Thanks Bill
            Checked out the p.o. and found that your car did indeed have the paint combination 5782 Inca and Arctic, assembled on 3-27-57. Looks as though it was only the 3rd car to have that paint combination the first being 57L 4944 assembled on 3-26-57.
            By the way the trim was listed as T5781 CH. That is shown in the color and upholstery book.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thank you Richard! I was toying with the idea to change the color on my Packard. Seeing how rare it has turned out to be, I'll definitely repaint in the original color schem!
              I can't make out the interior code in your book photo, but I guess T5781 CH is the grey tweed/ grey vinyl combo? And judging from what's left of the original interior, that looks to be the case.
              Thank you again Richard
              Bill
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
              X