ID:	1738284 Click image for larger version

Name:	composite2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1738285

1957-58 Color and Fabric Selector
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Hi Richard, Great item! I would like to borrow this book from you when you get it back!
    What's really weird is my 1957 Packard Clipper country sedan (station wagon) is yellow-white-yellow. Never seen this offered in any chip book. Although my Packard had always been these colors, no repaint.
    Thanks again
    Bill
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

There are two-tone cars, like the Mini.
      My 1958 Packard hardtop had an all vinyl interior. I have never seen another car (1958 Packard hardtop) with it. I did see another similar interior that was not installed in a car. The sales material does indicate that an all vinyl interior was an option. Does your book cover that?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
        Hi Richard, Great item! I would like to borrow this book from you when you get it back!
        What's really weird is my 1957 Packard Clipper country sedan (station wagon) is yellow-white-yellow. Never seen this offered in any chip book. Although my Packard had always been these colors, no repaint.
        Thanks again
        Bill
        Did you order the build sheet for it yet? It would be an interesting one to see.

Craig

Comment

Dick,

I have one of these for 56, one for 57 and one for 58. Your above comments tell me that the dealers were suppose to toss out the 57 stuff and replace it with 1958 information. Previously I was never clear on that fact. I think this is how it also was suppose to work for the little blue books used 1959-62, is that true?

Thanks once again
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Thanks again
            Bill
            There is a 1957 Packard Country Sedan on the Goldenrod Garage website in Maine. ( www.goldenrod-garage.com ) It appears to be finished in the yellow white yellow color scheme. At least it looks that way as the pictures are grainy. Nice combination.

Comment

Thanks again
              Bill
              Inca Cream was one of two "spring colors" added midway through the model year. You won't find it on most '57 color charts. The two tone Inca Cream/Arctic White combo was color scheme number P5782. The other "spring color" was Slate Mist which was not all that different from a color they were already offering called Woodsmoke Gray.

Comment

Originally posted by unclemiltie View Post
                Dick,

I have one of these for 56, one for 57 and one for 58. Your above comments tell me that the dealers were suppose to toss out the 57 stuff and replace it with 1958 information. Previously I was never clear on that fact. I think this is how it also was suppose to work for the little blue books used 1959-62, is that true?

Thanks once again
                Yes, that is my understanding.
                Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Clippertown View Post
                  Inca Cream was one of two "spring colors" added midway through the model year. You won't find it on most '57 color charts. The two tone Inca Cream/Arctic White combo was color scheme number P5782. The other "spring color" was Slate Mist which was not all that different from a color they were already offering called Woodsmoke Gray.
                  Yes, I have that supplemental sheet as well. See below. If you can supply a serial number I can look up the p.o.

Click image for larger version

Name:	57 color option.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1679386
                  Richard Quinn

Comment

Thanks again
                    Bill
                    If you can supply a serial number I can look up the p.o. Likely the Inca Cream and Arctic White combo, #5782. See previous post for supplemental color chart.
                    Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      There are two-tone cars, like the Mini.
                      My 1958 Packard hardtop had an all vinyl interior. I have never seen another car (1958 Packard hardtop) with it. I did see another similar interior that was not installed in a car. The sales material does indicate that an all vinyl interior was an option. Does your book cover that?
                      Yes, see image below

Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1679387
                      Richard Quinn

Comment

Hi Richard,

Put me on the waiting list to borrow your book. That Packard Hawk tab visible in the photo in the response to Studegary is just too tantalizing to resist. I still haven't figured out whether I want to stay with the original color for my P.H. (#151) or go with something else. Choices are pretty limited and white, black and red seem to be the most common colors.
                        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                        Kenmore, Washington
                        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                        '69 Pontiac Firebird
                        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Mike, I almost went with white, then my boss talked me out of it. He had an Eldorado with white and told me it was a royal pain to keep clean, Also, don't forget about the outer armrest being constantly exposed to road and weather condtions. I had noticed a red interior hawk that looked kinda sharp (car was black). My thoughts is to talked to someone who has a white interior and get their input.
                          sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                          J.D.

Comment

Yeah,

Mine was originally parchment white and I'm conflicted about whether I want to keep it absolutely original or go with something else. There are so few of these cars left and of those so many are either parchment white, parade red or midnight black, as you well know. You and Kerry got bold and went with the Shadowtone Red Metallic and now I'm considering trying different - the Glen Green maybe or the Mountain Blue or Loch Blue maybe or maybe do a two-tone in one of those. I kind of want to look at the official choices.

I like the buff leather interior but I'm not sure whether I had that or not. Some knucklehead redid my interior in brown vinyl - everything except the back armrest which was without a doubt white leather, so I'm wondering whether it had come from the plant with white leather.

Guess I'd better get off my duff and order the build sheet.
                            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                            Kenmore, Washington
                            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                            '69 Pontiac Firebird
                            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
                              Yeah,

Mine was originally parchment white and I'm conflicted about whether I want to keep it absolutely original or go with something else. There are so few of these cars left and of those so many are either parchment white, parade red or midnight black, as you well know. You and Kerry got bold and went with the Shadowtone Red Metallic and now I'm considering trying different - the Glen Green maybe or the Mountain Blue or Loch Blue maybe or maybe do a two-tone in one of those. I kind of want to look at the official choices.

I like the buff leather interior but I'm not sure whether I had that or not. Some knucklehead redid my interior in brown vinyl - everything except the back armrest which was without a doubt white leather, so I'm wondering whether it had come from the plant with white leather.

Guess I'd better get off my duff and order the build sheet.
                              Re the production order (build sheet) I believe I have one for your car. Send the number and I will look.
                              Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                              X