Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BShaw
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions, all. And thanks to another forum member the replacement part is on its way. Woo hoo!

Studebakers are great. Studebaker people are the greatest!

Leave a comment:

• jg61hawk
    replied
    Check this older thread in ADVANCED SEARCH

Thread: 57 GH Throttle Pressure rod spring clip needed

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
    I bought a new one from SI a couple of years ago. Might they still have them?
    I checked their catalog and searched the part number via their website and came up empty. Of course, that doesn't mean they don't have it.

I'll probably call Tom K. as suggested. I've gotten a number of small parts from him recently and he is always great to work with.

Or, I may just make one using an Edelbrock #8010 throttle rod extender. Looks like that would work. Gonna stop by The Carburetor Shop and check it out.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	edl-8010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1679372

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    I bought a new one from SI a couple of years ago. Might they still have them?

Leave a comment:

• 5brown1
    replied
    PM sent to you.

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by BShaw View Post
    Somehow I broke the ball stud off the end of my throttle bellcrank to carb rod (289 4 bbl). Looking for a replacement in exchange for cold hard cash and gratitude.

Actually, I only need the one part of the rod, part # 1539610 as pictured below. PM me if you have one you'll sell.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22079[/ATTACH]
    Tom Karkiewicz (574.287.5834) ...the Stude Vendor with the "White Bus" from South Bend usually has a good supply of NOS & good used ones. He has several different ones, so best to take some measurements from your old rod before picking up the phone.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    I have replaced more of those than I care to remember. It is the weak link in the accelerator linkage. Last time, I made an adapter and used a ball swivel that has a hole for a 1/4" bolt to pass all the way through, and a nut on the other end. I don't think I'll ever be replacing that one, and plan the same mod on the other two Studes when the inferior swivel craps out.

Leave a comment:

• 57pack
    replied
    Hi Bob, Yes, on closer inspection I see the crimp. As a suggestion, could you take a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel attachment.
    And cut the barrel of the throttle ball end lengthwise and released the crimp, threaded the rod and replaced the end?
    Only if you couldn't find the correct Studebaker replacement part of course.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    I'm pretty sure ball studs are still available but on the Sudebaker, the ball stude is crimped in the rod and apparently not replaceable versus the spring-loaded ball stud gripper style (for lack of a better description) that was used on my '41 Ford. Wish I could do that with this one. I suppose I could get those pieces from an early Ford V/8 vendor and make up my own rod like I did when I put two deuces on the flattie.

Leave a comment:

• 57pack
    replied
    Was a time when you could just buy the ball stud at your local auto parts store, mom&pop and or NAPA.
    Dorman products made them.

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    started a topic Bellcrank to carb rod needed

Bellcrank to carb rod needed

Somehow I broke the ball stud off the end of my throttle bellcrank to carb rod (289 4 bbl). Looking for a replacement in exchange for cold hard cash and gratitude.

Actually, I only need the one part of the rod, part # 1539610 as pictured below. PM me if you have one you'll sell.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Mar 13, 8 28 39 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1738276
Working...
X