Name:	008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1738274Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1738275

Some months ago there was a discussion here regarding Studebaker's parts depots. Recently I located a booklet from the early 60s showing the various locations with numerous photos and data. Since it is an extra I have listed it on Ebay for anyone who may be interested. More details and photos: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121080063961
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Nice item Mr. Quinn. I can remember going to the Phila (Devon) Depot with my Dad as a kid. Some years ago I bought a Lark Ladies Wristwatch on ebay from a gal who was a secretary there. That, and an old sales receipt, with have to do as my momentos from Devon. Someday I will have to take a drive and see if the building still stands.
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Is that Chris Dresbach on Pages 6 and 7? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The area of each depot zone is interesting. I assume the area is based upon the amount of registered Studebakers there. The South Bend depot covers a very small area as I would assume it has the highest concentration of Studebakers, whereas the Minneapolis depot covers Montana, North and South Dakota, Minnesota, and parts of Iowa, Wisconsin and Upper Michigan as I would deduce that few Studebakers were sold west of Minneapolis.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Is that Chris Dresbach on Pages 6 and 7? BP
          Yup, I've been secretly on the job longer than anybody thinks! While wondering about the woods behind the Chippewa Plant I stumbled into the fountain of youth; I'm really 106!

I've seen those photos before and eventually I would like to get copies of them and put them somewhere at the plant for the tours. See the flatbed roll carts that the worker is using? I STILL use those exact same carts every single day I clock in!! Many of them still have their original Studebaker numbers painted on them and "SASCO" down the sides. They're cool because they can latch together into a long train. Back in the day at Plant 8 if they had a large order to fill they could hook together as many of those carts as needed and pull them around the building with a forklift or banny to speed up getting them to the loading docks. Today we don't pull them with the forklift. Instead, I like to connect about four or five of them at a time, load them with parts for an order, and pull them all at the same time like Heman as the boss looks at the specticle in disbelief...
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

The one shown in Georgia is outside the Atlanta area in the city of Stone Mountain. Very familiar with it.....the building, that is.

Dan Miller
            Auburn, GA
            Last edited by ROADRACELARK; 03-14-2013, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X