Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the archives #117 (Step up to the counter...parts counter that is)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the archives #117 (Step up to the counter...parts counter that is)

Click image for larger version

Name:	parts counter 2 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1738265

Believe early 50's.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Plant 8 World Wide Parts Depot did not look all that different in 1966 when I was there!

Thanks for posting that Stude. Corp. Archive Picture Richard.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Is this not a photo of the same place that Tony Caralla started his long and reknowned career at? It certainly rang a bell and the first thing I connected it to, was that story...
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I'll take a complete beltline trim for a 52 commander hard top PLEASE!

Dean.

Comment

I feel embarrassed for the guy wearing the plaid shirt, mistaking that ashtray for a urinal.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

No V8 gaskets on that display wall. Gotta be 50 or earlier. Wish I could find one of those plastic whitewall fillers like's on those two hub caps.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here's another... from Baker Bros. Motors in Redwood Falls, Minnesota.

Name:	Baker brothers parts counter 1949.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1679349
              Does anyone have any other photos from this dealership? My 1954 Commander Starlight Coupe was sold out of this dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                I feel embarrassed for the guy wearing the plaid shirt, mistaking that ashtray for a urinal.
                I certainly hope he didn't have to wait THAT long for 'Genuine Studebaker Service'!!

Craig

Comment

I know that photo well, but unfortunately that is a part of the plant I never got to venture into. That parts counter still exists and today it is in the SNM. I have the blueprint to make the display behind the counter. It shows everything down to the location of the letters to spell out Studebaker.
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                    Here's another... from Baker Bros. Motors in Redwood Falls, Minnesota.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22052[/ATTACH]
                    Does anyone have any other photos from this dealership? My 1954 Commander Starlight Coupe was sold out of this dealership.
                    Is that April 1949 on the calender? I have a 1950 Baker Bros ribbon attached to a nice Studebaker's button pin with the State of Minnesota 1949 Centennial logo on it.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Name:	parts counter copy.jpg
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1679351
                      Another, I think 1946.
                      Richard Quinn
                      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I have an original set of red plastic letters spelling out "STUDEBAKER" from the parts counter of a dealership in Nebraska for sale.
                        If anyone would like to replicate a parts counter like this.
                        I also have the catalog stands as in the "Baker Brothers" picture.
                        Email me if you are interested in this and hundreds of sales brochures.
                        Make sure you put "Studebaker in the title box , otherwise my spam filter will act up.
                        Robert Kapteyn
                        studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
                          Is that April 1949 on the calender?
                          Probably so, Jim. I checked Perpetual Calendar and that is Calendar #6 (April begins Friday, the 1st).

That calendar was used, among other years outside this range, in 1927, 1938, 1949, 1955, and 1966. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Richard did those pics also run in the ASReview?
                            ..and what's with the smiley face above the right-most stool in picture number 1?

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                              >>>...and what's with the smiley face above the right-most stool in picture number 1?
                              Maybe a happy Studebaker parts customer!!!

From the FWIW Dept;

Look down the isle under the "...E R" in STUDEBAKER and you will see the exterior windows/wall of the original Plant 8 ...before the latest addition to the north end of the building was added to house; offices, customer parts counter, loading dock, etc. My office for many years was at the exact opposite (south) end of Plant 8.

Comment

Working...
                              X