No announcement yet.

Los Angeles Winter Meet 2013 (17 March)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Winter Meet 2013 (17 March)

There hasn't been much talk about it here, but I hear the LA Winter Meet at the Petersen Auotmotive Museum will go on as in past years~

CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, March 17, 2013: Los Angeles Chapter's 28th annual Winter Meet at the Petersen Museum, 6060 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036 from 8AM to 2PM Saturday March 17, 2013. Contact Howard Brown at (818)606-0267 or email at brngarage@gmail.com. Details on our website http://www.studebakersla.com.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One change to note will be that many DownTown roads will be closed, so be sure to check this link I learned about this morning~

http://www.lamarathon.com/community/street-closures/

It'll let you know which ones to avoid.

I ought to be roaming around~ will you?
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Thanks for posting that StudeDave57!! Please ask someone to point me out to you so I can meet you.

Also, the "road closure" problem shouldn't be too bad. If you use the link Dave gave you, it will show you links to lists of the roads closed. It looks like the easiest way to get to the Petersen on Sunday will be from Interstate 10. Just get off at Fairfax and head north. Just before you get to Wilshire Blvd. the Petersen Musuem will be on your right. Turn in and walk on up to the top level of the parking sturcture. See you ALL there!
    Last edited by brngarage; 03-12-2013, 03:43 PM.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

I'll be there Sunday morning with my 62 Hawk. Bud

Comment

Can't wait. Weather is supposed to be ideal.

Comment

We still have room for more cars at the Los Angeles Chapter's Winter Meet this Sunday. For more info, please go to our website (www.studebakersla.com) and click on "28th Annual Winter Meet" on the home page.
          Hope to see everyone there!
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
            Please ask someone to point me out to you so I can meet you.
            Will do Howard. I look forward to meeting you.
            It should be a fun time- my first without a Stude though

Maybe Doug could use a driver? I'm just across Sepulveda from him...

StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks Dave! See you tomorrow.

Comment

Watch this thread~ pictures coming soon......

StudeDave '57
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks again Dave. Nice to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                    Thanks again Dave. Nice to meet you.
                    Like-wise Howard. Besides meeting you- I got to chat with other Forum folks like Doug, Warren, and Kelii.
                    But I never did catch up with Allen.

I also got to see some interesting rides, the likes of which I had never seen before.
                    There was a very yellow and very custom Transtar, and a pretty unassuming 2R.
                    A few photos can be found here~

http://s175.beta.photobucket.com/use...20March%202013

More will follow shortly. I'm trying to sort and edit them...

StudeDave '57
                    Last edited by StudeDave57; 03-17-2013, 03:27 PM.
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Looks nice a nice meet, guys, and a nice variety of Studes. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This Meet is one every Stude driver should attend. Nice weather (even if it rains, cars are under cover) great people, free admission to the Petersen Museum and free parking (my ticket indicated $12.50 when I left). Different cars show up every year and many familiar faces re-appear. Thanks to the L..A. Chapter members for making this possible, again.

Comment

I went that meet often, from mid 1980s till late 1990s, and always had a great time.

Its where I almost bought the "Joe Granatelli Avainti" with the 429 Caddy motor Joe installed in the mid 1960s. The car was affordable then, and really captured my fancy, till the owner told me it had always had heating problems, and nobody had ever been able to cool it down. Living in the desert at that time, that was a deal breaker. But I appreciated the owner's honesty.

Does Bob D. still show up there with his beautiful 56J?
                          Last edited by JoeHall; 03-17-2013, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Nice Pics Dave, I wish I could have been there!
                            I spotted Doug Hughes' '63/'66 Lark 2 dr. Did you tell him we still have that 170 6 Cyl. that was original to his Lark?

I guess it runs a lot faster, but with a lot more fuel now with the Chev. 250 6 Cyl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doug Hughes 63_66.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1679426

That is a pretty wild TransCor/StarVette/CorStar/Transette ? Pickup!
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

You mentioned the Granatelli Avanti. The car is now in the Chicago area. I shot some pictures a few years ago and showed them to Vince Granatelli (Andy's son) and the first thing he said was does it still overheat. The current owner drove to Illinois via Phoenix with no problem

Comment

Working...
                              X