• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful 57 GH on Ebay right now

I spotted this 1957 GH on Ebay today.

Looks pretty original, very nice car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...c223d4d9#v4-40
    sigpic

Pretty car indeed. 'Looks like that RF door molding ought to keep Matthew Burnette out of trouble for a few hours. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That many bids...over 4 days to go...that price (so far) is a good indication that lots of folks agree it is a fantastic car. I've come to the conclusion that having a dream cost very little...chasing and fulfilling...pretty costly! I suppose I will be content to enjoy being happy for the next owner.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It would have been kind of nice if they would have emptied the trunk before taking the picture. Might make one wonder what is under all that seemingly useless junk.

Comment

Might look great, but he won't answer any questions about any rust issues....
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Yeah, don't bid on it. I don't like competition. cheers jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

It resembles a car owned by a fellow in the Naples area. I learned recently that he passed away.
              "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I just received an answer, indicating the car spent most of it's life in New Mexico and has no rust issues..
                64 GT Hawk (K7)
                1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I like the engine bay, but why is the dipstick handle red? Just saw that the one in my car is also red...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
                    I like the engine bay, but why is the dipstick handle red?
                    Maybe for the same reason that the fan shroud is red <G>.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

So this is just original, that the dipstick handle is red. Never heard of the fan shroud being red...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
                        So this is just original, that the dipstick handle is red. Never heard of the fan shroud being red...
                        The fan shroud should be black. I just figured that someone got carried away with red paint.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                        X