Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    The TURNING WHEELS editors are residing in Canada, so we need to forgive them.
    I met a really neat guy from Canada when he drove his pickup to Iowa for a meet, only finding out after he registered that IA was not Idaho.. but indeed Iowa.
    I am better off since he made that mistake; because I have met anorther really good Studebaker friend!

Leave a comment:

• stall
    replied
    To quote that famous philosopher, Popeye "I yam what I yam" and you're spot on with that comment.
    Murray

Originally posted by jclary View Post
    Funny how...each additional post seems to reveal and advance some aspect of all the prior posts...confirming the Studebaker Personality.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Funny how...each additional post seems to reveal and advance some aspect of all the prior posts...confirming the Studebaker Personality.

Leave a comment:

• 3rdGenStude
    replied
    Knowing only a few of you in person, but knowing also what great cars some of you have, I was really flattered to be included in the quoting, too.

But one small nit to pick: the editors placed me in Minnesota (MN) instead of Michigan (MI) where we currently live. Considering the ongoing feud my wife and I have about which of the states we grew up in is better (Wisconsin IS God's country, after all), placing me in HER home state (MN) will give her ammunition for years.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    My TW is still at least a week away from getting here. The Pony Express apparently still delivers in Iowa. The post office needs to restore and run their ZIP Vans!

Leave a comment:

• stall
    replied
    Gary, No harm, no foul, actually you made me chuckle. I do deserve credit though for using foul instead of fowl don't you think?

Murray

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I have refrained from making corrections, except for Studebaker items. I posted because I thought that you were trying to be funny with your post. You did say; "I'll be careful to brush up on my grammer (sic)."

Leave a comment:

• raprice
    replied
    For me, it was a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed that part of TW and when I was reading, I couldn't believe that I saw my Forum post. Pleasant surprise. This may be a new trend in TW.
    Rog

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by stall View Post
    Wow, The Forum has something for everyone; who knew that my fourth grade teacher, a nun from Holy Family school was on the Studebaker Forum and still correcting my hurried texts.
    Murray
    I have refrained from making corrections, except for Studebaker items. I posted because I thought that you were trying to be funny with your post. You did say; "I'll be careful to brush up on my grammer (sic)."

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Wow, The Forum has something for everyone; who knew that my fourth grade teacher, a nun from Holy Family school was on the Studebaker Forum and still correcting my hurried texts.
    Murray
    Well...you know...us poor flawed souls serve a humanitarian purpose...if it wasn't for us...the PERFECT worms would have to turn one each other!

Leave a comment:

• stall
    replied
    Murray

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I didn't see a <G>, but hopefully you meant the misuse of "Mu" for My, "their" for they're and "grammer" for grammar as a joke.

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    No wonder I could barely remember it. It was over two years ago. It was interesting to go back over the original thread. Art did let us know he wanted to use it for Turning Wheels.

Even being that old it was a great article. Props to Art and Ann for printing it. And what a fine job of editing out some of the typical negative digressions that occurr in most threads.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Of course it's important that they choose the Forum thread that they print carefully. Mu guess is that their careful to pick subjects that are interesting and non-confrontational to the much wider Studebaker world that reads Turning Wheels. I'll be careful to brush up on my grammer.

Murray
    I didn't see a <G>, but hopefully you meant the misuse of "Mu" for My, "their" for they're and "grammer" for grammar as a joke.

Leave a comment:

• stall
    replied
    Of course it's important that they choose the Forum thread that they print carefully. Mu guess is that their careful to pick subjects that are interesting and non-confrontational to the much wider Studebaker world that reads Turning Wheels. I'll be careful to brush up on my grammer.

Murray

Leave a comment:

• Bullet
    replied
    Here is the link. I was totally surprised to see the article and to be quoted as well. Too cool.

Mark

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...er+personality
    Last edited by Bullet; 03-10-2013, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    THE COOPERATOR editor Bob Palma has, on numerous occasions, made reference to queries or responses offered here on the forum. All part of the master puzzle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X