Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another '53 Street Rod project abandoned

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another '53 Street Rod project abandoned

    Got an email from a guy in Aladamnbama that wants to sell me his street rod project gone bad. Seems no one told him a Camaro front-steer frame clip is too wide for a Stude. Missing the engine, transmission and the steering column.
    He wants me to make an offer.
    How much should I offer?
    Attached Files
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk


  • #2
    Without a close examination of the floors, it's impossible to say.

    BTW, that's why I cringe when we get the weekly questions about rack and pinion, front clips, frame swaps, major running gear mods, engine swaps. Can't count the abandoned projects I've parted out over the years. This one doesn't look as if terminal damage has been done.

    jack vines
    PackardV8

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
      BTW, that's why I cringe when we get the weekly questions about rack and pinion, front clips, frame swaps, major running gear mods, engine swaps. Can't count the abandoned projects I've parted out over the years. This one doesn't look as if terminal damage has been done.

      jack vines
      Exactly the point I have been trying to make for years. Don't take it apart and redesign it if you do not know what you are doing.

      It still falls on deaf ears, and more potential nice cars continue to bite the dust.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

      17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

      Comment


      • #4
        Not much....the chrome looks crappy.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com


        "Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

        Comment


        • #5
          well, you`re the chrome guy...are those grill surrounds any good to be replated?? those front fenders look good from far....or are they far from good? seeing how the frame is torched for the clip, perhaps get it and part it out?? the make it or break it would be the bat wing...double humper or not ? sorry, couldn`t resist since you teached me real good on that one. lol,lol grab it for a song if you can. cheers, Junior
          ps, some dude lost in the 70`s like me would like to grab those retro wheels....introduce them to your buffers and double your $
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

          Comment


          • #6
            How about $500.00 ?
            Joseph R. Zeiger

            Comment


            • #7
              Looks like a nice car, and i like the wheels too ....
              May have to add some chrome to it though , kinda like this guy did . . . v v v v v

              Comment


              • #8
                Not trapped in the 70's but I have always loved those style of wheels. They would be cool on my Lark.

                Comment


                • #9
                  American Racing still sells those wheels.
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

                  1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I want to get it for a CASO price, but I think those grill surrounds (if platable) are worth almost as much as you quoted.
                    I'll get a first hand look at it this week and make an offer.
                    Anybody close by have a GT frame to donate and save another one from being parted out? <G>

                    Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                    How about $500.00 ?
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

                    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Randy_G View Post
                      Not trapped in the 70's but I have always loved those style of wheels. They would be cool on my Lark.
                      Here's the '39 LaSalle I had with that type wheel. I added on Mr. Gasket-Rodware large 3 bar knock offs and called them poor man's Halibrands.
                      Attached Files
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

                      See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How much should I offer?
                        Jerry - you should offer him $250 and your condolences.
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by junior View Post
                          well, you`re the chrome guy...are those grill surrounds any good to be replated?? those front fenders look good from far....or are they far from good? seeing how the frame is torched for the clip, perhaps get it and part it out?? the make it or break it would be the bat wing...double humper or not ? sorry, couldn`t resist since you teached me real good on that one. lol,lol grab it for a song if you can. cheers, Junior
                          Being a 1953, it will not have a full "batwing" unless someone added it later.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

                          SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My 53 has a 74 Nova subframe and it fit fine.

                            Denny L

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                              My 53 has a 74 Nova subframe and it fit fine.

                              Denny L
                              Doesn't a Nova have a narrower front track than a Camaro?
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

                              SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X