"Original" Packard Hawk on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Original" Packard Hawk on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...tem257b07831aI I see a few flaws on this 17K original Hawk, aside from the dash and steering colum,
    the engine color isn't right Click image for larger version

Name:	phebay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1738093
    Last edited by RareBird; 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM.
    sigpic

Packardbakerly,
    J.D.

While I prefer the standup grille on the Golden Hawk...that's still one purty car!
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Although less of them were made ...it seems like there are many more '58 Packard Hawks around than '58 Golden Hawks.

Comment

The BIN price on the Packard Hawk is $44,000. There is a 55 Speedster also on Ebay with a BIN of $57,000. Both are nice cars. Of the two, if money and storage was not an issue, I think I would want the Speedster.

Comment

louisville.craigslist.org/cto/3591391208.html This is not a miss print. My bro-in-law knows the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            louisville.craigslist.org/cto/3591391208.html This is not a miss print. My bro-in-law knows the owner.
            This one Joe

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/3591391208.html

I think I've been on the forum to long, those darn Packardbakers are starting to grow on me.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
              Yep, that's the one Bob. My bro-in-law said the guy has a lot in the car, but not that much, and doesn't really care if is sells or not. He kinda lives in a world I cannot easily identify with.

Comment

It does kind of annoy me when almost all eBay sellers of NICE and very pricey Studebakers want to use the AO term; "All Original". I guess if this one was never out it's Garage it COULD have Original Paint, but I doubt it. It clearly has nice Leather on the seats so that can't be original either. And then you would have to say that someone put those nice, expensive Wire Wheels on it also.

And then for $57,000.00 it is ludicrous to not replace the Gold Bird on the hood, the Radio Knobs, the Tach. and the missing rear stone pan, and all of the Trunk lining. The Engine is not even clean or painted and is the wrong colors.
                And then there is that Gold painted Fin, I am sure you could get some Plymouth Fury Gold Foil for it.

It IS a beautiful Car and all that, but as a 15 to $20,000.00 non-original fixer upper, a seller would be more realistic and honest.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                  Although less of them were made ...it seems like there are many more '58 Packard Hawks around than '58 Golden Hawks.
                  I think your right. Perhaps, because of the outer armrest, more Packards were kept in garages to protect them from the weather.
                  sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                  J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                    Yep, that's the one Bob. My bro-in-law said the guy has a lot in the car, but not that much, and doesn't really care if is sells or not. He kinda lives in a world I cannot easily identify with.
                    I'll bet that is a guy that doesn't want or need to sell his car he just wants to talk to people about it.
                    When and IF he finds someone who is willing to pay that amount it's questionable weather or not he would sell it or raise the price.
                    I used to be addicted to Cycads and knew an old guy with stuff that was simply unobtainable and he was the same way.

Dean.
                    Last edited by dean pearson; 02-19-2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                      I used to be addicted to Cycads...
                      Dean,
                      Cycads?

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I didn't notice the chrome headlight rims, that it shouldn't have, being mentioned. Of course, that is easy to change, but why are they incorrect?
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Engine cover should be black with sticker on it. Also trunk lid underneath should be primer color not car color. Twin traction sticker should be over ignition switch, very rare to find, not on trunk lid.

Comment

I love the '58 Packard Hawk and this seems an excellent example. I hope it sells for the BIN.

Like Rich and others before, I just wish sellers would just state what it is and don't demean the car with the hyperbole and inaccuracies. Warning signs which don't give the buyer confidence. Where's JDP when the seller needs help with a listing?

1. 1958 Studebaker TT
                            2. Two Door Goldenn Hawk
                            3. !958 Studebaker / Packard Hawk All Original Super Charged Drver!
                            4. The OD reads just over 17k miles. (could be, but he's carefully never saying there's provenance for that number)
                            5. Don't less this one pass you by!
                            6. All original Packard Hawk
                            7. a complete, . . all original rarity . . . missing the inner portion of the factory emblem, and the two knobs on the factory radio are gone as well . . .Except for the tachometer, all gauges including the clock function.

And then you would have to say that someone put those nice, expensive Wire Wheels on it also.
                            BTW, Rich, since the seller didn't mention wire wheels, I'd suggest those are optional or aftermarket wire wheelcovers.

jack vines
                            PackardV8

Comment

The 'spare' overlay on the trunk, has aftermarket chrome beading under it, and the spinner is 90 degrees out of phase. The whole inside (including the sides) of the trunk is missing the lining. The pleats of the seats should only be about 1" wide.
                              Still, its a solid western car, and worth every penny he's asking. (I wish I had that many pennys)
                              Bez Auto Alchemy
                              573-318-8948
                              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X