how many are in your wallet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many are in your wallet ?

I have been an SDC member since 1975, I just completed the yearly ritual of putting the new membership card in my wallet. It amuses me every year how many cards from previous years are still there. This year I only go back to 2010, I think I got anew wallet that year, thus a wallet clean out. The record of mine I recall was 7 years, includes the Antique Studebaker club also. As I have said previously, my name is Bruce and I have a problem ! Can a SDC membership card be used as a legal form of ID ? If it can not, it should ! Do not be ashamed, how many are in your wallet ?

Only one. I clean out my wallet every year or so even if it doesn't need it!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I have only had two over the last MANY years. As a life member, since 1973, we do not get new membership cards. I had the original and then a new one when the system was changed. I probably still have my annual membership cards from 1968 to 1973, but not in my wallet. Come to think of it, I do not remember membership cards in the early Harry Barnes days of SDC.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        I have only had two over the last MANY years. As a life member, since 1973, we do not get new membership cards. I had the original and then a new one when the system was changed. I probably still have my annual membership cards from 1968 to 1973, but not in my wallet. Come to think of it, I do not remember membership cards in the early Harry Barnes days of SDC.
        There were membership cards back then Gary...I have the '68 version signed by Harry......my earliest.

Comment

That's so funny.... I just cleaned out my wallet before going on the forum. There's no way I could go 7 years without cleaning it out. I probably clean it out twice a year. Whenever it gets so fat that it hurts my butt when I'm driving.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
            That's so funny.... I just cleaned out my wallet before going on the forum. There's no way I could go 7 years without cleaning it out. I probably clean it out twice a year. Whenever it gets so fat that it hurts my butt when I'm driving.
            That's why I always take my wallet out of my pocket when I drive.
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I should have stopped using wallet in -79 or so 'cause I always lost them while riding motorbikes... But it took me until -96 when I dropped it in the engine-room & it ended up under the engine & I didn't notice until 2 years later I found it floating in the oil-toped water... swollen, & I mean SWOLLEN!!! Gee did my cards look "interesting"...
              That was it for me when it came to using the stuff that also used to cause discomfort when driving cars with harder seats.
              This is where that picture-that-refuses-to-get-in-here would be...

Comment

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Geez, I would have thought the first membership cards would have been made from stone for all you "old-timers"!
                  sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I can't even get all of my annual insurance cards in my billfold.... the antique cars have to keep them themselves.
                    Membership cards get changed out as new arrives. However there is never much cash to carry in my wallet.... Mama gets all that.

Comment

Working...
                    X