Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit with Art Unger

Art Unger Feb. 2013.jpg
    I drove up to Vernon, B.C. to visit Art last Friday. Had a wonderful visit and presented Art with a plaque of Appreciation on behalf the SDC Board.SDC Plaque for Art 002.jpg

Art mentioned how much he appreciated hearing from so many SDC'ers.

Brian

Well done Brian and the SDC Board.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Excellent. It all looks good, and what a nice gesture from The Board of Directors on behalf of everyone in SDC. Thanks for the thoughtfulness and post/report. (...and you're 'lookin' good, Art...chin up!) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

A great tribute for a great guy !
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hang in there Art, good job Brian, I am glad you were able to make the trip up North.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Certainly a well deserved honor. Art and Ann have done an outstanding job with Turning Wheels and deserve the recognition. Wish we could do more.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I think this is outstanding that Art should be recognized this way! And and him have contributed immensly to SDC over the years!

Thank you Art AND Ann.

Mark

Comment

It would be hard to find anyone who could match Art's contributions toward making SDC one of the finest car clubs anywhere. For many years,Turning Wheels has been ranked at the top of all old car publications, and Art has had a lot to do with that.

All the best, Art!

George
                george krem

Comment

Thanks for driving up to deliver the plaque and to visit with Art. I know that wasn't easy to do, and would have been a lot better in different circumstances. I know he really enjoyed the visit (we both did) and he is perhaps a bit overwhelmed with the award. He has hung it proudly in a prominent spot on his wall. And THANK YOU everyone, for all the kind comments.
                  Ann
                  AT

Comment

I wish I could have been there as well.
                    I think I took a photo of Art and Brian and Art still has the same shirt on... don't those Canadians ever change shirts?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                      I wish I could have been there as well.
                      I think I took a photo of Art and Brian and Art still has the same shirt on... don't those Canadians ever change shirts?
                      Of course we do. We simply have two of the same so one is fresh when the other is in the wash.
                      Stu Chapman

Comment

A well deserved award. Thanks for all you have done for SDC.

Denny L

Comment

Art,
                          Thanks for your advice & guidance along with Ann re articles that ultimately made it into print with that noted publication, Turning Wheels. Love your award from SDC.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
                          X