• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lstude's Car

Last update from BP: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=leonard

Craig

Comment

Judging by the picture, he has yet to get his "ducks in a row".
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I miss Leonard. Thanks for bringing back memories, Carl. Hope all is well with him.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
          Judging by the picture, he has yet to get his "ducks in a row".
          His geese are out of line too. Didn't know Leonard, but hope he's doing well.
          sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
          1950 Champion Convertible
          1950 Champion 4Dr
          1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I miss him too. He added a lot here. Hope he's well, also.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I wish Leonard well and miss his posts. I had a stroke on July 1 and know the hopelessness when it hits. I was lucky mine was very mild.
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I've been thinking about him lately too. I'll see if I can find out how he is doing. He's a couple hundred miles from me, but I should go see him.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

'Hopefully, someone in the area will post an update.

(Leonard, if you are reading this, could you ask Wes to post something next time he comes by? You could have it all set up to post, or at least be "on" the forum, and maybe Wes could bring us up to speed. Or have Wes call me; you have my number there. We'd all like to hear how you are doing. Thanks.)

Forum members: Wesley is Leonard's adult son who I am fairly sure lives in the immediate area and checks in on Leonard periodically. At least that's the last I heard. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Leonard but from his posts here & the affection shown by those that are close to him makes me treasure the friendship. I have experienced the results from a stroke in a family member firsthand. My mother suffered one & the visits to her bedside, even though she couldn't talk, the expression of her face, the eyes, spoke volumes. I could see how she enjoyed our conversation as if we were all around the kitchen table and made sure she was part of the conversation, even though she couldn't speak. I hope your stroke wasnt as extreme as her's was Leonard, but you are regularly in my thoughts.
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Leonard was (is) a very kind and friendly fellow who assisted me with numerous transactions whan an American postal address was required.

I appreciated that very much and hope to hear he's doing well.
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                      X