Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which years (and models) do we know of no survivors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
    Yeah, only one '58 President series wagon built, BUT..... I doubt it left the assy line with the "Braodmoor" scripts on the fins. Quite likely it said Provincial. Reason I say that is because all the trim spec'd out in the body parts books for 58 H or 58 B wagons is the same - including those name scripts IIRC. For that matter - look at the "body Symbols" index in the very front of the parts books 58G, B & H P4s are all called Provincials. Since the mount pins (on the name scripts) are located the same as they are on the Provincial (and other various nameplates) a Broadmoor script COULD have been used, but you'd think that would be noted in the parts books. I assume this vehicle would've worn the red medallion on the grille that other 58 Presidents wore - maybe the "PRESIDENT" script on the glovebox too. But until that car surfaces (which I'm betting it never will) we'll never know for sure.

I've always found it curious that Studebaker chose an array of names for 56 & 57 wagons while basically leaving all other sedan offerings to use Champion, Commander or President. How hard would it have been to use a name like Starlight or Windsweep or something suggestive like that on the 58 hardtops? Of course, when they counted on the rear lens attachment screws to provide a ground for the TL - BUL fixtures, you have to wonder if things weren't really getting tight about that time!
    Wow...OK, only one President series wagon was built in '58. I knew it was a low production year. Interesting deduction on the 'Broadmoor'--'Provincial' nameplates!

Comment

1937 Woodie ?? I have heard that there is one, and then again---

Comment

I have a photo of a 1939 Two door with a wood body, station wagon. It has a side mount and it looks like a 3 foot long trunk. Don't know anything about it. Don't know if it's Studebaker or a custom built car.
        Klif
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Originally posted by klifton1 View Post
          I have a photo of a 1939 Two door with a wood body, station wagon. It has a side mount and it looks like a 3 foot long trunk. Don't know anything about it. Don't know if it's Studebaker or a custom built car.
          Klif
          This one? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=coachcraft

Craig

Comment

No original '37, '38 or '39 Woodies known to have survived.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thats it.
              Klif
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
              X