• Some interesting Studebaker statistics…test your knowledge

Click image for larger version

Name:	50 statistics.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1738068dealer employees
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

An intresting quiz, Dick. So as to not give away the answers, I'll fess up as to how I did by percentages:

Peak Peacetime Employment: 'Way off; I guessed only 30% of the actual total.

Average hourly take-home pay 1950: 'Came real close; I guessed 85% of the actual figure.

Ditto the above, 1941: 'Got even closer yet; I guessed 110% of the actual figure.

Stockholders at Peak: WAG was 'way off; I guessed there were about 80% more stockholders than there actually were!

BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Autoworkers have sure came a long way relative to the pay and benefits they now have.
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

The article brings back memories of my own pay in 1971.
        My first real job paid $2.25/hr. working on ice machines and hanging gutters.
        So from 1946 to 1950, just shy of 20,000 Studes were sold.
        Good article. When was the steel strike?

Comment

The steel strike was in June and July 1952.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Dick---If the steel strike was in June and July 1952, someone at the Studebaker Spotlight was really clairvoyant in February, 1950. Tom

Comment

Working...
            X