Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a Good Thing I'm Done Siring Children...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a '56 Caribbean Convertible for sale on e-bay a few years ago with a three speed o/d transmission. Car was pristine. Seller said it was a factory spl. order, and that the car was one of one.
    I wonder if production orders for the later Packards were saved? (pre '57 Packards).

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      There was a '56 Caribbean Convertible for sale on e-bay a few years ago with a three speed o/d transmission. Car was pristine. Seller said it was a factory spl. order, and that the car was one of one.
      I wonder if production orders for the later Packards were saved? (pre '57 Packards).
      Yes, they are available. They are rather sparse as to information compared with our Studebaker-exclusive Production Orders.

Here is the P.O. for my 1956 Clipper Super hardtop. You have to know the option code numbers to "decode" these things:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Yes, they are available. They are rather sparse as to information compared with our Studebaker-exclusive Production Orders.

Here is the P.O. for my 1956 Clipper Super hardtop. You have to know the option code numbers to "decode" these things:

Very interesting. I wonder who maintains these Packard PO's? The Packard Club?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          Very interesting. I wonder who maintains these Packard PO's? The Packard Club?
          No. They are available through The Studebaker National Museum, just like Studebaker P.Os. I am not sure how far back they go, however; the above one is the only one I've ever purchased. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X