1937 COE brochure (Cab Forward)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 COE brochure (Cab Forward)

In honor of Part one of two, Feb. 2013 issue of Turning Wheels I decided to upload the brochure pages.

All are welcome to look at, use or link to photo's just give a little credit my way if you would .

Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 02-13-2013, 07:20 AM. Reason: capitalization
    61 Lark

sigpic

Thanks, I enjoyed viewing
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Had no idea studebaker made that many different coe trucks. Some really good lookers in there. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Yes thanks for sharing the photos!
        Love those Art Deco designs!
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for posting them.

Comment

Hi,

Does COE stand for Cab Over Engine? It kind of threw me there for a second. In my other careers COE always stood for code of ethics.

How cool it would be to find one of those old streamlines step-in vans and restore it!
            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
            Kenmore, Washington
            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
            '69 Pontiac Firebird
            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
              Hi,

Does COE stand for Cab Over Engine? It kind of threw me there for a second. In my other careers COE always stood for code of ethics.
              Yep, Mike; Cab Over Engine.

I see the "easy-to-service" claim was preparing mechanics for the joy of removing (and getting back in place!) Chevy Astro Van engine covers two generations later!

Nice brochure; thanks for posting. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That full van body in the brochure looks very much like the barn find I made a few years ago. Unfortunately, I had nowhere to store a 10-foot-high vehicle. It was later sold, and I don't know its current whereabouts. Look for pictures of it in Fred Fox's part two article on Studebaker Cab Forward trucks in an upcoming issue of Turning Wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1647.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1679024Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1660.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1679025Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1656.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1679026Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1682.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1679023
                Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmende View Post
                  That full van body in the brochure looks very much like the barn find I made a few years ago. Unfortunately, I had nowhere to store a 10-foot-high vehicle. It was later sold, and I don't know its current whereabouts. Look for pictures of it in Fred Fox's part two article on Studebaker Cab Forward trucks in an upcoming issue of Turning Wheels.
                  Have you got it restored yet?? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=furniture+van

Craig

Comment

That would be so cool to make in to a modern interior RV. At least it would on the road and seen by a lot of people and great publicity!

Mark

Comment

Ever since I read the article in Turning Wheels about the COE's, I've fallen in love with them all over again. The brochure is icing on the cake. I really do appreciate your posting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                        Ever since I read the article in Turning Wheels about the COE's, I've fallen in love with them all over again. The brochure is icing on the cake. I really do appreciate your posting them.
                        I did post a couple of panels from the 1936 folder here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=mogul

Craig

Comment

The rear end in the brochure of the #1 posting was refered to as a "double reduction".. I got up parts for one on a GMC when I first started in parts at a GMC dealer in the mid 50's.. A little different but very simular.. The later two speed truck rear ends were altogether different..

Ben

Comment

I wonder why we don't see more of these?!? To me they are amazing.

Dean.

Comment

Neat, thanks for posting.
                              I really enjoyed the recent TW article about them.

I can understand most of the bodies being vendor items, but I'm surprised that Sudebaker would make and sell the dump truck.
                              Last edited by JBOYLE; 02-17-2013, 11:59 AM.
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X