Mary Ann Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Ann Club

Does anyone know what became of Studebaker Mary Ann Club?
    My wife, Maryann and I were watching "Family of Craftsman" the other night and my wife asked about the club. I told her I'd ask the forum.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

I remember owning that 1952 Studebaker movie Family of Craftsmen & only onsold it to a collector a couple of years ago. I have written confirmation that the Mary-Ann Club was still active late in 1992. After that I am unsure. I have a handy booklet, By-Laws & History of the MAC printed in 1961 & also one of the member armbands I picked up about 10 years ago. The Club goes all the way back to 1909 under the Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Co.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

The name of the club comes from the names of Clem and Henry Studebaker's wives, Mary and Ann. Not sure about their current status.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
        Does anyone know what became of Studebaker Mary Ann Club?
        My wife, Maryann and I were watching "Family of Craftsman" the other night and my wife asked about the club. I told her I'd ask the forum.
        Estrella was the next to the last surviving member of the Mary Ann Club that I am personally aware of. She passed just 10 days ago. For many, many years she hosted bridge club parties in her home with former Studebaker women friends. Whether or not that was the "last organized splinter group" from the old Mary Ann Club, I do not know ...but her surviving daughter may.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sou...22#fbLoggedOut

FWIW; Her first husband Frank, worked in Studebaker's PR/Marketing Dept.

Comment

So sorry to hear of Estrella's passing, a true loss to South Bend and all of us.
          Read her obit, reads she had a full and good life, family and Studebaker.
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
          X