No announcement yet.

My new 62 Convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always impressed at what a little elbow grease can produce.

I know convertible are always on the small production side, but there could not have been a lot of 6 cylinder Regals build in 1962 - or were there?

Comment

I can envision this car in a medium metallic blue, the darker color would really make the chrome work stand out!
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yeah, the dark colors really do make the chrome jump, but I think I'm seeing this one with the original paint buffed out to a semi-shine, wide whites with full wheel covers and a slightly lowered stance. All else remaining as-is. A buddy of mine is a carb expert. He's going to do the carb for me and he wants to do the brakes as well, so I'm gonna let him. I think he's just as eager as I am to get behind the wheel and spin this around the block.
        A couple more chrome shots:
        Attached Files
        sals54

Comment

Very nice car. Just what I'am looking to get when done with my gt hawk for the wife. If you ever find another one that nice let me know.

Comment

does anyone recall the dealer on the license bracket?
            John
            Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Starlite51 View Post
              does anyone recall the dealer on the license bracket?
              That name's been seen before, yes. Can't read the city name though. What is it?
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

If that's the original chrome on the bumpers and grille, all I can say is wow!
                Dan Peterson
                Montpelier, VT
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Well for those of you who want to change your status from dreamer to owner, here's another;
                  http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1...le--c-1510.htm
                  The car isn't mine nor am I the agent, I just saw it while browsing the web. I cannot say how accurate the pics are as I haven't done business with the seller but if anybody who is geographically inconvenient wants me to look, I would be glad to kick a few tyres.

As for the white Lark that this discussion centers on, NICE! I think you're right about clean it up and basically enjoy as is. Once polished out, it'll look realy nice in white. Besides, colour changes are a lot of work to get all the details right and how many 50 year old cars do you see in original paint any more? Hell, I'm only a year older and that car may be in better shape than me!

Cheers, Ken

Comment

Much better looking than BP's Rambler looking box. Just pulling his chain... anyways, this car wont be mistaken for anything else, except maybe a Mercedes.
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by spokejr View Post
                      Well for those of you who want to change your status from dreamer to owner, here's another;
                      http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1...le--c-1510.htm
                      The car isn't mine nor am I the agent, I just saw it while browsing the web. I cannot say how accurate the pics are as I haven't done business with the seller but if anybody who is geographically inconvenient wants me to look, I would be glad to kick a few tyres.

Cheers, Ken
                      Thanks for the lead, but there is a big difference between a 1962 convertible and a 1960 convertible, especially for the six cylinder models.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well, the good news just keeps coming on this one. I've been using the last half hour to 45 minutes of daylight I have each day to tinker with buffing and paint with some success. Today, I got home with a little more light to play with so I got under the hood. Turning the fan gently found that the engine was free. A sniff test on the gas tank told me that it wasn't varnish but I added a gallon of fresh just to be safe. The oil looked good, so I took the big risk. A little gas down the carb and just a half second shot of starter juice and she fired right up. It would idle for a few seconds, then die. I did that a few times till I thought the fuel in the line had been spent, then it would idle on its own. I think the heat riser is frozen, so I'll have to deal with that, but so far so good. I did a light check... headlights and high beams... good, tail lights... good, turn signals all work... good, even brake lights ! ! .... good. Fan works and wipers work too.Tomorrow I may drive this thing off the trailer. On the rust issue, small rust in the driver side fender and small spot on the door. Floors are good, trunk is rust free and has the original padded floor mat and spare tire cover. This thing is just too cool for school. Sorry if I'm over the top bragging, but this has just turned out to be a major score.
                        sals54

Comment

That does sound like a sweet parade ride, Sal. It sure looks sound and straight and soon to be rolling.

Comment

Working...
                          X