Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sdude
    replied
    I have a firewall master cylinder version of hill holder, NOS in box. I bought it and never used it. If anyone needs it send me a PM. I may have paid too much for it. Make me an offer.

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    Thanx, have been pondering going with a dual MC for my extremely bare bones
    '62 Lark with hill holder.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by skyway View Post
    Bob P, how is the hillholder plumbed on a dual MC car? Thanx, Gary
    Gary, No-Rol on drum brake, dual-chamber master cylinder cars activates the front brakes. Plumbing takes the brake fluid from the rear master cylinder chamber and routes it back to the hill-holder, about where the under-floor master cylinder used to be. Return piping then "runs" the fluid back to the splitter block that sends the fluid [pressure, actually] to each front wheel.

Rear brakes are not "held" by the Hill Holder on a dual MC car. BP

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    Bob P,
    How is the hillholder plumbed on a dual MC car?
    Thanx, Gary

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    OK, no mention of Hill Holder on my Production Order. Heck, mine came with a 289 2-bbl...

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Yes, Tom; Hill Holders were available on 4-speed cars, but not standard equipment.

Here is the Production Order for my 1964 Daytona Hardtop. As you see, it has both Option #22 (4-speed transmission) and Option #74 (Hill Holder).

I even forgot it had it one day when backing down the slight inclination at the end of our driveway, out toward the street. I came to a stop to look for traffic before backing into the street and took my foot off the brake. When the car didn't start rolling backward right away, I thought I had a brake dragging until I remembered it had a Hill Holder! BP

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Thanks Joe! I wasn't sure if they were optional or standard.

Leave a comment:

• irish
    replied
    Hill Holders were never standard equipment on any Lark or 'Lark-type' models. They were optional and available with any of the manual transmissions.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    started a topic Hill Holders and 4-Speeds

Hill Holders and 4-Speeds

Where hill holders installed with cars with 4-Speeds? I see no sign of a HH on the Daytona.
Working...
X