New IN State Museum promo w/ '50 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New IN State Museum promo w/ '50 Champion

'Went into our License Branch today to get a fresh title underway for the Texas Wagonaire. (Rule #1: When you acquire another collector car, immediately turn in the title and title it in your name so your spouse/estate doesn't have trouble disposing of it upon your demise.)

Anyway, lo and behold, here was a fresh addition to the literature rack, soliciting Hoosiers to buy a specialty license plate about Abraham Lincoln:

I immediately recognized the '50 (by the reflections in the bullet-nose) as having been photographed right where it is on display at The New Indiana State Museum. It is, in fact, the same car photographed below when it arrived from Ohio mid-September 2000 for ultimate display in the new museum, which was not yet under construction at the time:

Cool beans. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Everybody loves Lincoln...
    Last edited by JBOYLE; 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
      Everybody loves Lincoln...
      May be true in northern Indiana, but in all my travels and time spent south of the Indy area, I saw more "Stars and Bars" than I did back home in Texas...

Comment

So ...did Abe Lincoln ever own a Studebaker ...carriage, wagon, whatnot???
        Last edited by Welcome; 02-07-2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

The last vehicle the President ever rode in was bought by the Studebaker brothers, but not sure otherwise...

Comment

Working...
          X