Who's going to buy this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to buy this??

Cars like this don't come along very often. I'll bet there's some forum members bidding on it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...ht_6961wt_1165

Wow! A 36,000-mine '56 President! Worth it for the upholstery alone!!! What a classy ride this would be, all shined up.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The post claims the tires may be original but I don't think any 1956 tires went 38,000 miles. Great car, just needs a little TLC.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

With a quick look, it looks like a nice car. I guess that they do not know that it is a President Classic. I was expecting power windows and maybe A/C, and then I noticed that it does not even have a push button radio. If it "starts right up", why not move it out to a better picture location?
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Everything about it says actual Mileage, Original, all but those funky Tailpipes, someone did not opt for the pricey NOS Stainless or chrome tips and correct length Pipes.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Nice car but if it doesn't have power steering it's a bear to steer. I wouldn't go over 8 for it then I'm all full up. Can't go wrong at near 8. Don't bank on flipping it in present condition or spiffed up for more. My opinion. On the other hand, the right marketer may be able to. Like said before. Not original tires. Bias ply tires back in the day never went that far. Mileage is likely correct That is a classy ride. cheers jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Comment

very "spartan" President....but you can't buy miles !...I'm with Jim tho.....this era President should have some power accessories....

Comment

Automatic, radio and clock (and cigarette lighter) Any other options on it? It has a Fram oil filter up front, but no PS/PB

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
                    Automatic, radio and clock (and cigarette lighter) Any other options on it? It has a Fram oil filter up front, but no PS/PB
                    Yes Wheel Covers and Climatizer, probably White walls but the Lighter and Clock were not options, that leaves the above & Manual Tuning Radio. I do not see any EZ Eye Glass either.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wow!...great shape.....good candidate for the 'survivor' class!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                        Wow!...great shape.....good candidate for the 'survivor' class!
                        You guys have made me have second thoughts about entering my 39 Champion coupe in the survivor class.
                        Looks like 'display only" for me again as the car (and me) have had a longer harder life than most examples that are regarded as 'survivors"".
                        That's OK as I don't feel like prepping a car for judging anymore.
                        I felt pretty good about displaying the 39 President sedan as a few people took reference pictures of the routing of ratty door weatherstrip and some other items.
                        So displaying a car isn't a complete waste -- if I disregard a few snarky comments.
                        I'm not sure there is a "display only" section available anymore as I've missed the several the last judged events.
                        I like the survivor class idea as I remember looking at a nice 54 C body at my first International Meet and asking the owner if he was entering it for judging. He said "No, its a waste of time; its all original and it can't win against restored cars".
                        sigpic
                        Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                          very "spartan" President....but you can't buy miles !...I'm with Jim tho.....this era President should have some power accessories....
                          The Serial Number is 7I73880

Maybe if we all ask Mr. Chris D. very nicely he would take a lookie at the "Production Order" for us next time he is at the SNM Archives to see how this vehicle was to be built and where it was destined for.

Comment

takes me back. If you've read my old story - My romance with the president - you'll understand. I really loved that car. It set me on the course of liking sedans over C-Ks for all these years. Of course, the early series 55 President I owned, helped set that attitude too! These are REALLY great-driving/looking cars that outshine their contemporaries as far as I'm concerned.
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It sold for $15,101.99. Must be a record for an unrestored '56 President Classic.
                              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                              X