No announcement yet.

mix and match 62 GT with 53 C/K and add a Jag part or 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the issue with the jag front . Thats kind of what you end up with and I dont care what you put it in. Its hard to line up to the steering and even harder to clear the motor and left side header.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
      Any idea if the car ever ran again after being pulled apart for the suspension mods?

jack vines
      Jack I don't think it ever got that far, been sitting in a barn for some time but I don't know much about it either, no one knows much as the owner has passed away and his son is living in Oregon and never had much to do with his dads cars or projects, other than the Studebaker a bunch of other just got ground up with the demo of the barn and out building on the property, what you see is what you get. first picture is of the pass side and looks as if some work had been don in the past, until I go under and look for myself I don't now for sure hoe much.

under rear seat area.

Maybe Jag wheels too.

Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
        Maybe Jag wheels too.
        look like late 80's xj-6 wheels
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Here are a few pictures from under side of rear end and one of the front splice in the frame.

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

The body is in such good shape it would be worth it to abort the abortion with the Jag frame; set the body back onto a GT frame, and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
              The body is in such good shape it would be worth it to abort the abortion with the Jag frame; set the body back onto a GT frame, and go from there.
              Yes Joe that is what I was thinking also, I am going to remover every thing from the body and keep for now the doors, fenders, and glass and trim, then lift it from the frame and set aside for how in case someone wants it down the road. the jag and frame parts can then be either sold or what ever, would like to see the rolling frame go a one unit, it looks like the body was lifted off when working on the frame change over frame is rather clean and bottom of the body is also, interested people please speak up.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Working...
              X