No announcement yet.

Merged: Horrible news! 50 Studebakers among items destroyed in Chesnee fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might come across as tacky; but. I'll post it anyway........

If David has a database of what was lost; maybe some other SDC members who might have similar vehicles or at least buildable ones might wish to pony up for 'new beginnings' if said vehicles were to be otherwise scrapped.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

That is an OK idea for a few of them, but unfortunately many are not replaceable, and certainly not the ones with "family history".
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        That is an OK idea for a few of them, but unfortunately many are not replaceable, and certainly not the ones with "family history".
        I agree there.

Although what would be a neat project is to build a replica of that one of one 1951 Limo as a 'tribute car' to the lost original. Another would be a tribute to that one off 3 door pickup.
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
          I agree there.

Although what would be a neat project is to build a replica of that one of one 1951 Limo as a 'tribute car' to the lost original. Another would be a tribute to that one off 3 door pickup.

The 51 Limo was reported not lost? Has there been some new information on which ones were lost?
          Bo

Comment

after such an intense fire would the frame(s) of the vehicles be of any use to those that have extensive frame deteriation on thier projects due to rust?
            Dave Hugo
            Duncan, SC
            sigpic 1959 Silver Hawk 1955 President

Comment

So very sorry to read this. I suppose it could have been worse, and am very glad it wasn't. This kind of thing is ever a danger where I live also. In fact, a few years ago, a forest fire burnt right to our back door. Had it been any worse, my pathetic little collection would have been lost too. Hopefully, David can salvage something... however judging from those pictures, I would guess the heat of that fire makes that seriously doubtful. Best of luck to David and Sandra. I do hope they find more than a few miracles when cleaning all that out.
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Did David and Sandra's collection include a black and white '56 President Classic with I believe, factory air conditioning? I'm wanting to think I recall seeing this car somewhere on-line and remembering it was from South Carolina, and Chesnee is feeling real familiar here.

My condolences over their loss as well...

Mr. Bill
                Hamlet, NC

Comment

What we often forget is Studebakers and other cars are just on loan to us as we pass thru this world. The Walkers are really great people and will be praying for them. David

Comment

Working...
                  X